Raspberry jam made from tomatoes

mike547, May 4, 7:59am
Does anyone have a recipe for this jam, I am sure my Mum used to make it. Thanks

margyr, May 4, 8:03am
hi i just googled raspberry and tomato jam, came up with this one but there seem to be quite a few: Ingredients
4 cups shredded green tomatoes 4 cups white sugar 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry flavored gelatin mix
Directions
Combine tomatoes and sugar in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir and cook about 10 minutes. Add the gelatin, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Spoon into hot, sterilized jars and seal; or, pour into freezer containers and freeze.

cookessentials, May 4, 9:12am
It is called mock raspberry jam and I did not have a recipe, but here is one from "Fishers Kitchen" I am sure he wont mind me posting it here for you - well, I hope not!

Tomato / Strawberry / Raspberry JamMock Jam from tomatoes
1kg firm ripe tomatoes blanched and skinned1kg sugar1 lemon1tbsp strawberry or raspberry essence.
Peel and slice tomatoes and place into pan with sugar, juice and grated rind of the lemon.
Bring to the boil and boil rapidly till it jells when tested. Stir in the essence, pour into warm sterilised jars and seal.

jaybee6, May 5, 9:04am
Yes I have the receipe but I dont think you can get the cordial that you use to put in for the flavour. Will get it out tomorrow and post. It is so yummy.

petal1955, Apr 5, 11:15am
x1
Raspberry Jam made with Tomatoes

3kg tomatoes - 1. 5kg Sugar - 4 sachets of 2L (or 8 sachets 1L) Hansells Vitafresh-Raspberry Flavour - 1 packet King Jam Setting Mix. . Remove tomato skins and cores Not seeds and cut into small pieces. . bring to boil and cook till soft. . Add Jam setting mix and stir till dissolved. . Add sugar and boil for 15 mins. . Add Vitafresh- stir to dissolve and boil further 5 minutes. . Makes approx 2. 5 litres of jam. .