Apricot truffles recipes

griffo4, Feb 12, 8:24am
l have been roped into a catering job and l need a apricot truffle recipe please

l did the search and came up with nothing so could some lovely person please post a recipe or a link to follow

Thanks

jazz125, Feb 12, 8:36am
Found this one on the Confectionery Thread. Maybe of use.

Apricot Nut Truffles ( makes 50 truffles ) ¼ c cashew nuts, ¼ c blanched almonds, ¼ c chopped dates, 1 ¼ c finely chopped dried apricots, ½ c finely chopped raisins, 1 c coconut, ½ c evaporated Milk, 75 g butter, 1 ¼ c sugar and 300 g choc melts or milk melts.

Place Cashew nuts and almonds in a frying pan, cook over low heat stirring until golden brown, cool then chopped finely. Combine with the dried fruit and coconut. Combine the milk, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan, cook over low heat stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil then cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until the mixture is pale golden, pour the mixture over the fruit. Cool then shape into balls. Place the choc into a bowl, bring a saucepan of small amount of water to the boil and place the bowl of choc to melt stirring as it melts. Remove the bowl. Dip the truffles into the choc, place on a tray lined with waxed paper, chill until choc sets. Decorate with remaining choc and store in a covered container in the fridge.

valentino (541 ) 11:21 am, Tue 20 Nov #19

245sam, Feb 12, 9:33am
Some options from the former Trademe Cooks.

"Apricot Brandy Truffles
2 1/2 cups round wine biscuits, crushed. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup fruit mince, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/3 cup finely chopped apricots, 1tbsp cocoa, 2tbsp brandy, icing sugar for dusting. In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the icing sugar. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in icing sugar. Place balls on baking trays lined with baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until firm. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
posted by granny"

"Not with bisc, but the one I make, so easy !
Put dried apricots into food processor, (some times I add thread coconut, about a cup to a bag of apricots) Wizz until all chopped fine, wet hands and roll into small balls, melt dark choc, and dip balls in. Simple and very Yum
posted by mackenzie2"

"Truffles. thanks to Alison Holst
100 grams butter, 2 cups icing sugar, 3 T cocoa, 1/2 cup chopped sultanas or dried apricots, 3/4 Cup coconut, extra coconut for rolling, 1 - 2 teaspoons liqueur eg, kahlula or Malibu. Cream butter, warming it as little as necessary. Never melt it. Sift in icing sugar and cocoa, mix. Chop sultanas or apricots and add. Mix the coconut into the mixture. Add flavourings. Chill if necessary. Roll into small balls and roll into more coconut. Place finished balls on a flat plate uncovered in fridge for several hours or until firm. Store in jar or tin in fridge. I freeze these and take out when required. They are nice just slightly frozen. These are easy and quick to make.
posted by bluecalico"

"Marshmallow & Apricot Roll
You can also roll mix into balls if you wish. 250gm plain biscuits, 1cup dried apricots finely chopped, 100gm small marshmallows, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 3/4c coconut. Crush biscuits in food processor. Combine biscuits, apricots, marshmallows and condensed milk in large bowl. Place a sheet of baking paper on flat surface and sprinkle 1/2c coconut over the sheet. Press the mix evenly over coconut. Use the paper as a guide to roll mix into a thick log. Sprinkle over extra coconut. Press the log into shape firmly - twist the ends of the paper and refrigerate for 2 hours till firm. Cut into slices.
posted by rkcroft" :-))

245sam, Feb 12, 9:34am
continued from #3

"Apricot balls
These are so yummy and i make them all the time. you need 250g dried apricots, 3/4c orange juice, 1/2t citrus acid, 1c icing sugar, 1c coconut, 1c biscuit crumbs & 1c extra coconut. Place apricots,orange juice & citric acid in a saucepan & bring to the boil. Reduce the heat & simmer for 15min. Leave until cool, place in the food processor and puree. Transfer to lge bowl and add icing sugar, coconut and biscuit crumbs. Mix well. Roll into walnut size balls and coat well with coconut. Store in fridge. Hope this helps.
posted by deekaz"

"My apricot balls are like this
cook on low heat 100 grams of butter with condensed milk dont boil I put small pkt apricots in blender and chop up real small, I do same with pkt vanilla wine biscuits I mix both those together with tin of condensed milk I roll with wet hands into small balls and roll in coconut and put in fridge to set
posted by callie2000"

"Apricot Balls
Rind of 1/2 to 1 Orange. 1/2C caster sugar. 250g NZ dried apricots, chopped. 1/4C orange jce. about 1+3/4 C fine desiccated coconut. Remove orange rind with potato peeler then chop finely with the sugar. Roughly chop the apricots with scissors, then pulse with orange & sugar mix till finely chopped. Add the jce then process again. Add a cup of coconut, process, then add more until the mixture is ready to be rolled into balls with wet hands. Shape, roll in coconut and refrigerate until firm. Can be frozen in a container for up to three months.
posted by bev00" :-))

griffo4, Feb 12, 11:08pm
Thank you so much 245sam all c&p and filed

l did find another recipe which l will post but l don't know where l got it from so l will add it the list. It is not my recipe so if someone knows who it belongs to then please let me know

Apricot & white chocolate balls

200g dried apricots, finely chopped

100g white chocolate, grated

1/2 tin condensed milk

1/4 cup icing sugar

3/4 cup coconut

1 teaspoon orange zest

extra coconut to roll

Mix in a bowl, cover and put in fridge overnight

Form into small balls, walnut size, roll in coconut

Keep in fridge, can be frozen

bev00, Mar 2, 4:41pm