4 small pots of apricot yoghurt? What can I do?

b190, Jun 24, 10:32pm
I just noticed they are going to be at their 'due date' tomorrow so thought about baking something that I could use them in. Any brilliant ideas? Thanks :)

kaddiew, Jun 24, 10:54pm
Use them in place of milk in any sweet muffins, then freeze them? I've often used different liquids in muffins.

245sam, Jun 24, 10:58pm
YOGHURT CAKE
You need 1 empty & washed 125ml yoghurt container.
Place all the following in a mixing bowl in the order given:
3 x 125ml container self-raising flour,
2 x 125ml containers caster sugar
1 x 125ml yoghurt – plain or fruity (apricot is really nice)
1 x 125ml container cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs, beaten

Beat all together until smooth, then bake in a 20cm diameter cake tin at 160ºC for approx. 1&1/2 hours or in a 20cm diameter ring tin at 160ºC for 1 hour, or until golden. Keeps well, but also freezes well. :-))

b190, Jun 24, 11:03pm
Yum good ideas, thanks :)

sampa, Jun 24, 11:14pm
Yoghurt is a healthy replacement for fat (butter) in most baking, it's pretty versatile have a read of this for some guidelines -

http://www.livestrong.com/article/248548-how-to-substitute-yogurt-for-fat-in-baking/

There's really no need to use them all up today, if you're going to bake with them you could hold out till the weekend with no issues or simply throw them in the freezer until inspiration and the urge to bake comes over you. :)

rubyjane11, Jun 24, 11:22pm
freeze them

ellie04, Jun 25, 3:33am
Lemon Yoghurt Cake

a 21cm ring cake:
1 1/2 cups sugar
Rind of 2 lemons
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola or other light vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup yoghurt
2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour

oven on to 190 degrees Celsius, or 180C if using a fan oven.

you are using a food processor, put the sugar into the (dry) bowl with the metal chopping blade. Peel all the yellow peel from the lemons, using a potato peeler, and add to the bowl. Run the machine until the lemon peel is finely chopped through the sugar.

Add the eggs, oil and salt and process until thick and smooth, then add the yoghurt and lemon juice and blend enough to mix. Use any kind of yoghurt - plain, sweetened or flavoured. (If you use flavoured yoghurt, choose a flavour that will blend with the colour and flavour of the lemon.) Add the flour and process just enough to combine with the rest of the mixture.

To mix by hand: grate all the coloured peel from the lemons into a large bowl. Add the sugar, eggs and oil, then whisk together. Add the salt, yoghurt and lemon juice and mix again. Sift in the flour, then mix gently until just combined.

Pour cake mixture into a non-stick sprayed and floured ring pan (which holds seven cups of water). Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sides start to shrink, the centre springs back when pressed, and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes before turning carefully out onto a rack.

Serve sprinkled with a little icing sugar, and topped with whipped cream if you like.

pamellie, Jun 25, 4:25am
Eat them. I happily eat yoghurt past it's 'due date'.

winnie15, Jun 25, 4:32am
Double Chocolate muffins by Alison holtz

245sam, Jun 25, 4:43am
Alison Holst's recipe for Double Chocolate Muffins can be found at:-

http://itsmariemade.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/double-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

molly37, Jun 25, 5:57am
Make ambrosia. I but a pot in my banana cakes.

duckmoon, May 2, 5:52pm
i use fruit yoghurt in sweet-savoury soups.

like pumpkin or kumera soup