Mushroom croissants - help please

matt-wgtn, Dec 25, 5:10am
Hello

My MIL (recently passed away) would make creamy mushroom and bacon croissants for Xmas morning. I need to recreate something similar and not sure where to start. I only tried them once because I hate mushrooms but husband loves them.

Can anyone offer me any advice / recipe please?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

lythande1, Dec 25, 6:25am
Use button mushrooms. I don't like them, husband does. We compromise this way. They have less flavour.

2 croissants , 150g mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes,
4 rashers of your favourite bacon
pinch of pepper
Turn on oven, to around 150 deg C. Halve the croissants, but don't place in oven yet. Slice mushrooms. Heat butter in pan , Add all mushrooms, and stir Add pepper Keep cooking until the sliced mushrooms just start to brown - Turn down the pan heat to low.
Place bacon and tomatoes under the grill. Grill bacon to taste Half way through this, place the croissants in the oven.
After about 3 minutes, remove the pre-sliced croissants from oven. With a fork, mash two cherry tomatoes onto one half of each of the two croissants. Layer two rashers of bacon over the tomatoes. Spoon the mushrooms over the bacon. Place the top half of the croissants over the mushrooms.

matt-wgtn, Dec 25, 8:04am
Thanks Lythande, much appreciated :) Wish me luck!

radars1, Feb 27, 4:44pm
A really kind thought to remember someone you care about . I'm sure it will be fine