Baking in my Parmco oven - help!

racheee, Aug 22, 12:17am
Have a freestanding 90cm Parmco and I am having a hard time getting baking right in it. I am always burning things, even when I turn it down. It cooks unevenly too, things are burning at the back. I am stuck with this oven now so have to somehow get used to it. Just baked a chocolate cake and I will need to chop the top off it as it wasn't cooked in the middle. It was on 160 deg fanbake as per the recipe.
Any tips? I am getting sick of ruining things.

carriebradshaw, Aug 22, 12:30am
I would buy an oven thermometer to check the temperature to make sure the thermostat is working properly.

racheee, Aug 22, 12:41am
Ok, good idea thanks!

gettinggrey, Aug 22, 1:23am
How old is it?
We have Parmco too. There's a 5 year warranty on their products.
http://www.parmco.co.nz/Support/WARRANTY+INFORMATION.html
Maybe it needs to be checked (could be faulty?).

pickles7, Aug 22, 2:39am
Have you put it on fan grill, by mistake. I think it is the zig zag above the fan.

pickles7, Aug 22, 2:56am
I just went and had a look next door, zig zag above the fan, fan grill. The fan in the circle is fan bake. You can bake using the fan grill but the under side is often undercooked. this could be why you think things are cooked going by the colour.

molly37, Aug 22, 9:18am
I am having the same problem with my brand new Bosch. Burning baking mostly all the time. I've dropped the temp right down too. its such a nuisance. I think i will buy a thermometer.

racheee, Dec 12, 12:56am
Unfortunately it is not on fan grill. It is less than a year old. I will get a thermometer and see what the deal is. Maybe it does need to be checked.