I just bought MeadowFresh 'lite' cream

tigerlilly16, May 4, 4:25am
And am trying to whip it using egg beater. So far been 'whipping' for about 7 mins and it has just gone frothy. Has anyone else bought this product, does it eventually whip? lol

Tastes a bit gross too, have added 2 teaspoons of icing sugar, I know I should have just bought normal cream, but seeing it says it contains 67% less fat than normal cream I thought i'd give it a go.

And yes I know cream IS fat so how the f can they have such a thing as reduced fat cream - that was my thought when I saw it but thought i would try it anyway.

poppy62, May 4, 4:28am
I dont think you can whip it can you? Not enough fat content to do so?

firemansgirl, May 4, 4:34am
It won't whip unfortunately, as poppy62 says, there is not enough fat in it.

firemansgirl, May 4, 4:35am
But you can feel 67% less guilty now if you put it in your coffee...

tigerlilly16, May 4, 4:36am
Ok, stuff this, I've just poured the b**t*rd down the kitchen sink.

Been whipping hard out and nothing lol, tastes like pooh also (I wish I'd read it had soy as an ingredient before I bought it).

Do Not Recommend This Product! ! !

michelle_09, May 4, 4:37am
Yeah, learn't my lesson just how you did there tigerlilly... . i think there's small print on the bottle that says 'not suitable for whipping' - well, i didn't see that till after i tried to whip it

tigerlilly16, May 4, 4:42am
lol commiserations Michelle, I now just wish I trusted my instincts and went with 'normal' cream - or at least bought one as a back up lol

Was really craving pikelets with jam and cream - daughter made a batch of pikelets, we were going to have an afternoon pig-out lol

harrislucinda, May 4, 5:06am
shouldhave acanofspraycream in thefridgefor pikelets

waswoods, May 4, 5:10am
Always keep a couple of boxes of long life cream in the fridge then you'll always have cream on hand. Replace if you use it. I prefer the taste of long life cream as well ... . but don't buy the light one as that won't whip either

tigerlilly16, May 4, 5:22am
Lol my daughter wanted me to buy spray cream at the supermarket too - wish I had now, but was craving that "old fashioned" - like Granma used to make pikelet experience - and yeah the irony is 'Granma' would have never even heard of reduced-fat cream pmsl.

nfh1, May 4, 5:24am
yes me too! Stupid thing is, I hardly ever have cream so why didn't I go for the full fat one?

tigerlilly16, May 4, 5:29am
Thanks for that tip, I actually usually have cans of reduced cream on hand for when I have a cream craving - yes people they can be used for things other than dip - just shake the can till it stops sounding 'liquidy' and then shake a bit more = 'whipped' cream :)

Grew up on this as an accompaniment to apple pie with my Welsh Grandmother, and yes is doesn't taste like normal cream, but I love the taste, probably from being brought up with it :)

tigerlilly16, Mar 30, 11:15am
Lol same!

I normally only buy fresh cream for the Christmas pav and trifle, so why the hell I went out on a limb... . . I guess I thought if it was nice I could get it more often lol