Thai red chilli

kiwitel, Apr 11, 6:09am
We are looking for a delicious recipe for a red curry (Thai). We are having people over for dinner and wanted to try something new. Does anyone have a favorite delicious recipe? Have googled a few but not sure if they are any good. Nice to have a tried and true recipe. Thank you in advance. :)

iriegirl, Apr 11, 7:21pm
Here's both the red curry paste & Thai red curry recipe I use. The paste recipe makes quite a bit so I tend to freeze the leftovers to use later. It's ingredient "full" but most definitely worth the trouble. With the curry recipe, I've used both chicken or beef with success. Sorry I can't credit both recipes because I really don't remember where I sourced them, but knowing me I've given them a good tweaking any rate! Enjoy!

Thai red curry paste
Ingredients
10 dried long red chillies
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 red birdseye chillies, chopped
2cm piece galangal, peeled, chopped
4 garlic cloves, quartered
1 small red onion, chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, chopped
1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
4 coriander roots, washed, finely chopped
2 teaspoons shrimp paste
1 tablespoon peanut oil
Step 1
Place dried chillies in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain.
Step 2
Meanwhile, place coriander and cumin in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Allow to cool completely.
Step 3
Place dried and fresh chillies, galangal, garlic, onion, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, coriander root, shrimp paste and spice mixture in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add oil. Blend until a smooth paste forms. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Red chicken curry

2 T oil
2 finely chopped shallots
2–3 tablespoons red curry paste
500g chicken thighs, skinned, boned and diced
400ml can coconut cream
4 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
4 tablespoons grated palm sugar
4tablespoons fish sauce
100g green beans, sliced
2 finely chopped red chillies
3 tablespoon lime juice
salt and pepper
Handful chopped coriander
Heat the oil in a frying pan, gently fry shallots then. Add the red curry paste and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook for 2–3 minutes until chicken is well coated in the paste. Add the coconut cream, kaffir lime, palm sugar and fish sauce and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the green beans and red chilli and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add chopped coriander and serve with rice.

twindizzy, Apr 11, 7:59pm
Volcom cans

kiwitel, Apr 11, 8:51pm
Thank you so very much!

kiwitel, Apr 12, 5:54am
Oh my goodness! This is all ready to go and tastes incredible. We added a couple of extra things and it is just so authentic tasting. Thank you again iriegirl! Visitors arriving soon.

iriegirl, Oct 13, 2:02am
You're very welcome, hope you & your visitors enjoyed it!