Annabell Langbein's Cheesy Scones

campmother2002, May 9, 1:52am
Yesterday on Newstalk ZB (I think) she gave out a Recipe for the above and the ingredients were SR Flour, Greek Yoghurt and Tasty Cheese. I wrote down the quantities as. 2 & half cups of SR Flour, 2 cups Greek Unsweetened Yogurt and 2 & half cups Grated Cheese. did I get the quantities right? TIA

jaygee1962, May 9, 3:57am
Don't know but sounds nice. Hopefully someone else heard and can help. I googled but came up with a bazillion other AL scone recipes.

pogram0, May 9, 6:19am
Go to their website and select On Demand. From there chose the day and then time the segment was broadcast and you can hear a replay of the segment. Alternatively, I am sure Newstalk zb have a recipes link on their website if you look around for it and it will likely be on there.

fifie, May 9, 6:57am
Sometimes they are a bit slack at loading recipes up it should appear, but often it takes time. If its in her new book may not be on web, as she will be wanting book sales.

majurti, May 10, 1:40am
The recipe is in her latest book Winter Goodness and yes you have written it down correctly. Preheat the oven to 200C fanbake and bake for 15-20 mins.Use the 2 cups of cheese and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup on top. Makes 12. Hope this helps .

campmother2002, May 10, 3:02am
Thanks majurti - That's great, was fumbling for something to write on and trying to remember the quantities. I did look On-Line but as you said it's in her new book and not available On-Line at present.
I bought the Greek Yoghurt yesterday so can make them over the weekend.

motorbo, May 10, 5:47am
oh that recipe looks good, I used to make a yogurt pizza dough and think of ease of use I prefer it over the old fashioned yeast recipe

jaygee1962, May 10, 10:07am
Thanks majurti, I'll try that for my Sunday scones :)

dianavan, May 12, 6:08am
I made these tonight.I partly heard the receipt whilst drivING home.they have a texture more likePotato scones. They were a hit.

trouser, May 14, 9:55pm
Made two batches of these. I made them with 2 cups of each ingredient. They were great.

500gm of greek yoghurt = 2 cups.

rainrain1, May 15, 1:15am
They didn't impress me none, they lacked flavour

fifie, May 15, 1:54am
All good cheese scones should have cayenne pepper in them to release the cheese flavour according to ministry of food, looks like annabel has missed this.

buzzy110, May 15, 1:58am
Probably because the recipe also lacked salt. All that flour and no salt. Blerk.

rainrain1, May 15, 4:45am
yes and yes

angel361, May 15, 5:01am
motorbo - could you please post the yoghurt pizza dough recipie? Thanks

trouser, May 15, 8:56am
What cheese were ypu using? I used 1 1/2 cups mainland tasty and 1/2 cup parmesan. Well packed cups too. No one likes a stingy cook.

rainrain1, Jul 31, 10:47am
You would no doubt make the best ones then