Meatbals

kiwiscrapper1, Sep 16, 5:41am
I have made a recipe off the beef and lamb website but the meatball mix seems very 'wet' how can I make them more solid, I think they will fall apart if I cook as is. Its 500gms beef with an egg and a cup of crumnbs should I add more crumbs?

whitehead., Sep 16, 5:47am
bread crumbs or a little corn flour in the mix

whitehead., Sep 16, 5:48am
and chill for 40 minutes

nauru, Sep 16, 8:40am
Sorry not much use now if it was for tonight's dinner but Oat bran works well too, it soaks up any extra liquid. I prefer using it to breadcrumbs now. I've also used it in stuffing with great success.

245sam, Sep 16, 8:44am
I haven't yet used rolled oats in meatballs but I have used, and prefer, them in meatloaf, particularly sausagemeat loaf, and I have also used them instead of breadcrumbs for stuffing chickens. :-))

kiwiscrapper1, Sep 16, 9:29am
Thankyou people, I didnt do anything to tonights except chill before cooking, lately everything I make I Double so I have freezer meals, they didnt break up but I Will try the rolled oats in the rest of the mix before freezing. They were nice, especially the sauce, but I used a hand blender and had tomatoe sauce all over the kitchen and me!

nauru, Sep 16, 10:30am
I've used rolled oats too but I think oat bran is much better.

sarahb5, Sep 16, 11:57am
I bake my meatballs then there's less chance of them breaking up with the frying

rainrain1, Oct 22, 5:12pm
I made that just recently, and stuck to the recipe, they don't fall apart at all. a delicious meal