Fantastic fruit loaf recipe

agave1, Jun 2, 5:23am
http://www.bite.co.nz/recipe/2575/Pumpkin-fruit-loaf-refined-sugar-free/

Very moist. Sweet. I used pineapple juice instead of apple juice. Was cooked in 50 mins. Delicious.

samanya, Jun 2, 5:33am
That sounds great.
I've printed it off & thanks.

nauru, Jun 2, 6:22am
Thanks for sharing agave1, I will give this a go but think I will try soaking the dates in water and then use that instead of the juice, just trying to limit the amount if sugar.

agnes8, Jun 21, 10:01am
That is in the Aunt Daisy cookbook. haven't made it for years as I forgot about it then saw it in the Herald the other day. it really is good.

agave1, Jun 22, 7:41pm
Nauru. Did you give it a go with the water?

westigal, Jun 23, 10:11am
Just made this with Edmonds GF self raising flour, boiled dates and sultanas just in water, but when batter was mixed, decided it needed a little sugar, so added just 1/2 c of brown sugar. Large loaf cooked in 50 mins, delicious. Beautifully moist. With no butter in the recipe, didn't feel too guilty putting butter on a slice of it.

This would make a lovely desert hot, with custard the family thinks lol

nauru, Jun 25, 7:43am
Sorry agave, I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Will let you know.

kay34, Jun 27, 11:21am
Bumping, had every intention of making this tonight, got sidetracked doing boring housework. Have boiled my fruit and cooked my pumpkin though.

clair4, Jun 28, 6:24am
Made this today, but I feel it needs a little something else to give it more flavour. Maybe a little cinnamon. Recipe is very easy.

kay34, Jun 28, 8:17am
Its going to be a regular here, yummy!

sla11, Apr 24, 10:06am
Another to try! 3 Weetbix, 1 1/2c Dried Fruit (what U like), 3/4c Sugar & 1 1/4c Milk - into bowl, plate over it & leave overnight. Next day stir in 1 1/2c SR Flour, Vanilla Essence. I add some Spice if I feel like it. Mix up - quite gluggy. Add some more milk if U think it's needed. Put in greased loaf tin. Bake 350F 1 hour. Yummy doesn't last long!