Large bag of Chicken Soup Bones.

catz21, May 7, 1:42am
Anyone know of a good way to cook them up for soup without getting small bones through it? I normally use bacon bones.

rainrain1, May 7, 2:03am
Boil them up on their own and strain when cooked, then make your soup

nauru, May 7, 7:21am
As rain suggested, make the stock first by adding carrot, celery,onion, bay leaves and seasoning, water to the bones, cooking up, strain and make your soup with the stock.

whitehead., May 7, 8:42am
boil up the bones only then remove the meat while hot and toss the bones in the rubbish do not give to the dog they can kill it . then add your veg makes a good meaty soup .

fifie, May 7, 10:47am
Chuck them all in a large saucepan with water, carrots,celery,onion and seasonings, even the veg peelings, couple bay leaves few peppercorns and simmer to make stock. When done strain stock discard vegs, bones save meat if any cool put in fridge over night and skim any fat off if any next day and use for soup.

catz21, May 8, 9:33am
Thanks all for your wonderful ideas. Just boiled up the bones (more like carcasses) heaps of meat on them. Chopped up and in the fridge. Stock will be strained off tomorrow and veg added along with the meat. :)

village.green, May 8, 8:28pm
That's what I am doing today making Avgolemono Soup (Greek chicken rice lemon soup) with two huge chicken carcasses, and a few veges that is an old family staple.

mkbooks, Aug 14, 5:04pm
You will find that you will get a bit of chicken fat on top as it sets-I keep this in a small covered bowl in the fridge to make great roast potatoes