Bread recipe, you keep the dough in the fridge

white_elephant, Feb 12, 4:31am
and just take a piece off and cook it in the oven, I heard about it today. The recipe comes from a book by the very big guy in masterchef. Sorry to sound so vague.

dbab, Feb 12, 5:56am

245sam, Feb 12, 6:58am
This recipe, white_elephant?

NO PROVE BREAD WITH BUTTER AND RASPBERRY JAM
Recipe by: Matt Preston
“My friend, Kareen Coomer, whose husband runs Pata Negra in Perth, taught this recipe to me. He’s a chef, and she’s the sort of home cook, every cheat should have as a hero.”

Bread:
1 Kg bread flour, plus extra to dust
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp instant dried yeast
950ml lukewarm water

Raspberry Jam:
1 Kg frozen raspberries
800g caster sugar
¼ lemon, juiced

Butter:
300ml thickened cream
300ml sour cream

Bread
1.For the bread, combine flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in water until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap, then refrigerate overnight
2.Remove bowl from fridge 1 hour prior to cooking, and allow to come to room temperature.
3.Preheat oven to 220C.
4.Line two baking sheets with baking paper, and generously dust sheet with flour. Place half of the dough onto one tray and place in oven for 1 hour or until golden, and the inside sounds hollow when knocked on the base. Make rolls and a smaller long loaf with remaining half of dough. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes or until golden and hollow inside.

Raspberry Jam
1.For the raspberry jam, place raspberries and sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat. Cook mixture for 2 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and skin, and cook for about 20 minutes until thickened, and has reached a jam-like consistency, stirring regularly. Remove lemon skin and discard. Divide jam between 2 sterilised jam jars. The jam will set as it cools down.
2.Meanwhile, for the butter, place cream and sour cream into the bowl of an electric mixer, and whisk until mixture splits, separating butter from buttermilk. Drain through a colander. Pour iced water over butter to rinse off any excess whey. Transfer butter to a piece of baking paper, season with salt, and roll into a log. Refrigerated until needed.
3.Serve bread warm with homemade butter and jam.
Notes: Makes 1 large round loaf, 1 long loaf and 6 rolls.

Hope that's the one. :-))

white_elephant, Feb 12, 5:38pm
Thank you, this could be the one, though raspberries weren't mentioned when my dentist told me I'd be better off making my own bread lol.
The idea was that I would eat less bread (my addiction) if I had to go to the effort of cooking it first.

tramore, Sep 28, 1:53am
If you froze the dough, would it kill the yeast or if thawed again, would it work?