Lemon Slice recipe

bev00, Jan 25, 11:11am
x1
courtesy of 245sam -
LEMON SLICE
This delicious lemon slice comes from Julie Le Clerc's Simple Cafe Food (RRP $32).
It's a super collection of great recipes ideal for the busy but smart home cook.

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
150g butter cubed

Filling:
4 large eggs
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
finely grated zest of 3 lemons
2/3 cup lemon juice (from about 4-5 lemons)
1/3 flour, sieved
icing sugar to dust

Method: Preheat oven to 180degC. Line a 20x 35cm tin with non stick baking paper.

Place flour and sugar into the bowl of a food processor, pulse to sift. Add butter and process to resemble fine breadcrumbs. Press crumbs evenly over prepared tin.

Bake for 15 mins until golden. Remove from oven and reduce to 140degC.

Filling
Whisk eggs and sugar until very thick and pale. Fold in lemon juice, zest then flour. Pour over crust and bake for 40 mins or until set. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Makes 12 squares. :-))

bev00, Feb 5, 11:54am
an oft requested favourite.

molly37, Feb 6, 9:01am
http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/food/recipes/lemon-coconut-slice-recipe/
I made this today. Strangely not sickly sweet. Would make a lovely dessert dish with fresh cream and zest. Is so yummy.

marcs, Aug 8, 11:12am
Very Yummy Lemony slice

A lovely lemon slice

Base:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
grated rind of 1 lemon
180g cold, unsalted butter
2 tablespoons iced water

Lemon topping:
6 eggs
3 cups castor sugar (I used 2 1/2 cup sugar as found it too sweet)
grated rind of 3 lemons
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup plain flour

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C; lightly butter a baking dish and line it with paper. 32x24cm slice pan

The base is like a shortcrust pastry. Put the flour, icing sugar and lemon rind in a food processor and pulse to mix evenly. Cut the butter into cubes and add it to the mix, pulsing until the mixture has the texture of breadcrumbs. Trickle in just a little water, and process the pastry until it just forms into a dough ball. Press the pastry dough into the baking dish - I used the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Bake the base for about 18 minutes, or until it starts to colour

Turn the oven down to 150 degrees C, and get going with the topping. Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl, then the lemon juice and rind, still whisking. Sift in the flour and whisk again. When the base is relatively cool, pour over the filling and return the slice to the oven, this time for 35-40 minutes.

Store it in the refrigerator - you can cut it most neatly while it's cold, though I think it tastes most pleasant at room temperature.

griffo4, Aug 8, 9:46pm
thanks for this l'm always looking for a good lemon slice recipe

pickles7, Aug 8, 9:58pm
Dose look interesting
I love lemon as well, never used them a lot in baking.

marcs, Aug 10, 9:53am
It is very lemony but a nice balance. I absolutely love it. You will not like it if you are not a lemon fan.

bev00, Sep 19, 11:53am
Tangy Lemon Slice
200g butter ¼ cup golden syrup
½ cup sultanas 1¼ cups flour
1t baking powder 1 cup coconut
½ cup sugar 1¼ cup crushed cornflakes
Melt butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Sift in flour and baking powder.
Add sultanas, coconut, sugar and cornflakes. Mix well.
Press mixture into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
When cold, cover with lemon icing and cut into squares.

Lemon Icing
2 cups icing sugar 2t grated lemon rind
1t butter Approx 2T lemon juice

Quotedons14 (478 ) 7:33 pm, Tue 18 S

cookessentials, Sep 19, 5:38pm
Marcs we have a great thread for all things lemon, can you also post the recipe there?

urasxcqt, Sep 19, 7:45pm
I made a delicious no bake lemon slice,

ffloss, Sep 20, 3:59am
Could we please have the recipe for that no bake lemon slice?

griffo4, Sep 20, 6:37am
+1 yes please l would love it as well please

urasxcqt, Sep 20, 8:57am
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
125g butter
250g milk arrowroot biscuits
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 cup coconut

Icing
1 3/4cups icing sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
15g butter
2 tablespoons coconut

Place condensed milk (1/2 cup) and butter (125g) in a saucepan. Stir over gentle heat until butter had melted and mixture has combined.
Crush biscuits very finely. Add lemon rind and coconut (1 cup). Mix well.
Add warm milk and butter mixture to the biscuit crumb mixture. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
Press mixture in greased lamington tin. Refrigerate for 1hr.
Icing: Combine sifted icing sugar, lemon juice, and soft butter (15g) in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Spread over chilled biscuit base and sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until icing is set. cut into small squares

daarhn, Sep 20, 9:20am
The best lemon slice recipe by far is the Chelsea Sugar Lemon Slice. Ive used it both here and aussie. it was always my most requested pudding to make my lemon slice especially those aussies. I use dutch custard powder and I've made this using oranges, limes and a mixture of all. Made it as a slice, a flan and little ramikins (check it out online).
easy peasy lemon squeezy

marcs, Sep 21, 1:32am
Sure can Pam. What is the thread called. Just went looking but there are too many.

cookessentials, Sep 21, 1:33am
You are a gem, but I was not sure if you saw it so added it in yesterday I think.

weha, Sep 21, 3:52am
Hi
I cant find this too now. and want to bake something off it.
can you post the link Cookestentialls please.

Love your postings by the way

marcs, Sep 21, 7:15am
Thank you. Four hours behind here in Perth and I didn't get home till late last night. Wee hours in the morning for NZ by that time.

elsielaurie1, Sep 21, 9:12am
I found this one on my facebook site.
Lemony Lemon Brownies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup flour
2 eggs, large
2 tbsps lemon zest
2 tbsps lemon juice
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

For the tart lemon glaze:
4 tbsps lemon juice
8 tsps lemon zest
1 cup icing sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
3. Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
6. Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
7. Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
8. Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
9. Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
10. Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
11. Cut into bars and serve.

ffloss, Mar 23, 8:20am
Hi Anna - thank you for that. It sounds yummy.