Got an extra 6 people for a week need dinner ideas

amanda_simonp, Jan 13, 9:32pm
I am going to be working full time while they are here and already I am thinking what am I going to feed them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

davidt4, Jan 13, 11:22pm
Are they willing and able to lend a hand, or will you be doing all of the cooking?

Are they all adults or are some of them children?

gaspodetwd, Jan 14, 12:17am
Lasagne is good because you can cook, freeze and reheat. Easy to add garlic bread or salad for a substantial meal.

Have you got a slow cooker?

amanda_simonp, Jan 14, 12:17am
4 adults, 1 teenager rest children. The Mum will help me but I like to be organised with what are having, ingredients etc. Thanks for your help.

rainrain1, Jan 14, 12:51am
Cold meat and salads
BBQ some sausages, chops, kebabs, etc, pot of nice potatoes
Oven baked jacket potatoes with beef stew or curry, and coleslaw
Bacon and eggs
You want to serve simple to prepare food

valentino, Jan 14, 1:55am
See what is on Special this week or next or whenever and sort the menu from it.

Is it just Dinners or does it include lunches, breakfasts, whatever.

Look to simple menus but done well.

But find out the specials first and how your pocket is.

Cheers and all the best.

lyndiloo, Jan 14, 2:46am
HoMe made pizzas using bought bases or flat breads (Or frozen pizzas)
Pancakes!
Slag Bol or nachos - both cook well quickly or in a slow cooker.
Wraps/ burritos/ tacos
Quiche
Burgers
Caesar salads
Roast?
Picnic dinner of rolls/ slaw/ ham/ deli chicken
If going down the pudding lane - tub of ice cream & cones. Smaller servings than dishing up into bowls which makes it go further

fee1965, Jan 14, 6:32pm
PASTA BAKE
LASAGNA
SPAG BOL
CANNELONI
ROAST CHICKEN
BBQ AND SALADS
PIZZA - HOMEMADE
CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS
BANGERS N MASH
QUICHE
BACON N EGG PIE
CURRY

fifie, Jan 14, 8:18pm
Specials in meat, lettuce coleslaw salad ings in fridge, pkts wraps pizzas, pasta, goodies for bbq, puds icecream, fruit Silverside in s/cooker while at work, if it comes down to you cooking most use the s/cooker and get the guys to crank up the BBQ and cook keep it simple then you can put feet up after a busy day.

davidt4, Jan 15, 12:23am
I'd be relying heavily on the barbecue. Depending on your budget you can lay in some steak, lamb cutlets, sausages and marinate chicken, lamb or pork for kebabs. Butterflied legs of lamb and spatchcocked chickens are great barbecued. Make up some patties of minced beef or lamb.

Ask your visitors to take care of salads and baked potatoes.

If anyone wants a dessert put them in charge of making or buying it.

beaker59, Jan 20, 12:09am
BBQ and salad, roasts are also great I like to do a whole rump then we have sliced cold beef as well next day or so for lunch's. large pot meals work OK too. We often have large family groups stay and I rely on BBQ and Roasts but then we have a few chefs in the family so the labour side of the equation is never an issue. As for costs always there are cash contributions and/or gifts of food.

My grandchildren love noodle soup they help make the noodles (fresh pasta, they love taking turns on the handle of the pasta machine) and the soup is a large pot of chicken vegetable soup.