Sarahb5 Keep Out

mjhdeal, Apr 19, 7:41pm
(ha ha - just kidding! )

. I love my slow cooker! I found this link, all recipes look pretty good. I am making the Butter Chicken recipe for tonight.

http://www.becomingness.com.au/blog/10-best-slow-cooker-recipes

Spur of the moment, so having to make some substitutions; I'm using chicken thighs, and didn't have any tomato paste, so just using canned tomatoes. I've made the sauce already, and it tastes wonderful. Not sure what I will serve it with yet.

Anyone else have tried and true crockpot faves? I tend to be a bit boring and make the same things over and over.

rainrain1, Apr 19, 9:40pm
I love mine too, and wouldn't be without it. I made this for the first time the other day, it's really really good
Alison Holsts
slow cooker
Pork Chops with Peaches
Cook on Low for 8-9 hours

Ingredients:

2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive or canola oil
6 large pork chops (about 1.2kg)
1 medium onion
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp wine vinegar
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1 x 400g can sliced peaches in juice
1 tbsp cornflour

Coat your slowcooker with non-stick spray and turn it on to HIGH to preheat.

Combine the flour, paprika and pepper in a shallow bowl. Heat the oil in a pan then dip each sicde of the chops in the flour mixture, shake off any excess, then fry for 2-3 mins a side, or until lightly browned.

Lift the chops from the pan and place them in the slowcooker (overlapping as necessary). Add the diced onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften, then sprinkle over the pork chops in the cooker.

Combine the remaining ingredients (except cornflour) in a bowl and stir gently to combine, then pour this evenly over the pork and onions in the slowcooker.

Place the lid on the slowcooker, turn down to LOW and cook for 8-9 hours. About an hour before serving mix the cornflour with a tablespoon of cold water to make a paste. Stir this into the sauce and gently turn the chops.

standard, Jun 19, 4:06am
So has sarahb5 got a good receipe for butter chicken too?