Rarotonga bircher muesli

Page 1 / 2
purplefalcon, Aug 6, 6:23am
x1
We recently gave the yummiest Bircher while staying at the Edgewater in Rarotonga. Does anyone know what there secret receipe is? I wonder if it's made with coconut cream,

awoftam, Aug 6, 6:34am
You could always ask them - I would imagine you would have been able to taste the coconut cream? Coconut water and some cream maybe? Have a play! All will be yum I bet.

purplefalcon, Aug 6, 6:42am
I did email but got no response :) Maybe a return trip will cure the craving .

awoftam, Aug 6, 6:48am
Oh for sure. I think you MUST go! It is the only right thing to do.

purplefalcon, Aug 6, 6:53am
Haha love your way of thinking

lemming2, Aug 6, 7:05am
Totally.

sampa, Aug 6, 11:02am
Try posting your question on Tripadvisor at -

http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowForum-g294328-i2626-Cook_Islands.html

there are great people/posters there that are locals who will help if they can.

mjhdeal, Aug 6, 8:40pm
Did a quick google, and someone reckons they had this brand cereal at the Edgewater: http://www.healthpak.co.nz/products/hotel-and-motel-supplies/food-and-beverage/serious-cereals/cranberry-crunch-55gm

But I agree, you should go back to Raro, and investigate further.

purplefalcon, Aug 7, 7:11am
Thanks for all your comments. The cereal was soaked in something. We wil definately be going back next year. Great place to step away from the hussle and bussle we all live in

trah, Aug 7, 7:40am
Usually rolled oats are soaked in apple juice as the base for Bircher muesli.

slimgym, Aug 7, 8:10am
would it be that it was made with real fruit.

purplefalcon, Aug 8, 1:31am
x1
Ok I emailed Edgewater again and got a response can now see why it tasted so nice. For those interested here is the receipe below:

Ingredients For Edgewater Muesli(20litres bucket)
2xpackets uncle Toby oats,2x1litre packet whipping cream,1x packet regular milk,1x packet(400g) raisins,800g can fruit salad,1x3litres apple juice.
Mix them altogether.

I can now see why it tasted so nice .

uli, Aug 8, 7:00am
I still do not see why they tasted "so nice" - can you enlighten me?
Was it the 2 liters of cream perhaps?

There is nothing fresh at all in the recipe - so it couldn't be that.

purplefalcon, Aug 8, 7:03am
I would say it would be the cream.

trekkie1, Aug 8, 7:06am
x1
Omg now i know why i managed a 2kilo weight gain in the 8 days staying at edgewater earlier this year, thought it was an ok option, but guess not, worth every mouthful though.

purplefalcon, Aug 8, 7:38am
Absolutely the food was amazing we enjoyed every meal eating most of our meals at the resort. I like you thought it was a good option and definately well worth it

eastie3, Aug 8, 7:51am
This is what I do: soak rolled oats(I use Pams) overnight in milk and yoghurt, in any proportion to form a loose mix. Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon, sultanas and half a gold kiwifruit.

You can vary this to taste. Sometimes I grate in half an unpeeled apple, chop up a banana, in fact any fresh fruit - tamarillo is lovely- and if there is leftover cream will use that. It's a very flexible recipe. The secret is in the overnight soak. If the weather is really cold I'll give it a quick spin in the microwave just to take the chill off.

purplefalcon, Aug 8, 8:14am
Thanks - that sounds yummy too will give it a go.

petal1955, Aug 8, 8:19am
You are nothing short of being so negative. This person tasted the muesli. YOU DIDNT I really over your comments .You come across as being so Bleeding righteous

uli, Aug 8, 8:38am
I love that idea of an "ok option" - as long as you know what you are eating go for it - maybe in smaller portions or maybe do some more exercise in the lagoons!

It is after all carbs with carbs and carbs. So I do not think it is an "ok" option for everyday eating - more a "holiday option" which you took! - never mind that it must taste divine :)

You are eating oats (carbs) with cream (great) and milk (ok) and raisins (lots of fruit sugar = carbs) and tinned fruit salad (=carbs) and apple juice (=carbs). So all in all a lot of sugar that needs to be exercised off if you do not want to put on weight.

However if you do not mind some weight gain - go for it - I am sure it will taste great!

uli, Aug 8, 8:41am
quote=petal1955] You are nothing short of being so negative. This person tasted the muesli. YOU DIDNT I really over your comments .You come across as being so Bleeding righteous [/quote]

Petal1955 - I am not really sure what you are trying to say here - maybe you need to chill out . and then make some sentences that I can understand? - if you find me "so Bleeding righteous" - fair enough.

The OP wanted to know why she had such a good time with that so-called "Bircher Muesli" - now she knows why (because there were liters of cream in it) - and now she also knows why she put on weight.

Not sure what is "Bleeding righteous" about that.

edited to fix the quote, but seems not to work . never mind

petal1955, Aug 8, 8:45am
Petal1955 - I am not really sure what you are trying to say here - maybe you need to chill out . and then make some sentences that I can understand? - if you find me "so Bleeding righteous" - fair enough.

The OP wanted to know why she had such a good time with that so-called "Bircher Muesli" - now she knows why (because there were liters of cream in it) - and now she also knows why she put on weight.

edited to fix the quote, but seems not to work . never mind[/quote]

You make more negative comments on this recipe board than positive. if someone posts a comment about something being nice you jump on the board if you cant say somethign nice. then BUTT OUT

petal1955, Aug 8, 8:45am
And Uli this is not an isolated case. more the norm than not

purplefalcon, Aug 8, 8:49am

edited to fix the quote, but seems not to work . never mind[/quote]

No where in my post did I say I put on weight. The OP was that the Bircher was nice and I wondered what the receipe. I didn't take any notice of your comment. There's always one. And it sounds like you make these comments regularly.

purplefalcon, Aug 8, 8:52am
Like I say petal1955 there is always one :) Sounds like they need to keep there comments to themselves . I find the message boards great and most of the people as well.