Non fail hollandaise sauce

denzie, Nov 8, 9:23am
I thought I had this fool proof recipe for Hollandaise in one of Annabel's latest books but couldn't find it. Also looked in JAMIES 15 MINUTES and no joy there. Wish I could remember where I saw it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as I promised to make Hollandaise sauce over poached eggs for a birthday treat for daughter tomorrow. Have had several failures in the past too so not game to try any recipe.

agedbag, Nov 8, 12:03pm

agedbag, Nov 8, 12:13pm

buzzy110, Nov 8, 10:07pm
This is probably too late but here is a recipe I use all the time. It was posted by gledof.

Hollandaise Sauce (Quick)
150gms butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 egg yolks
pinch castor sugar
1/2 tsp each salt and white pepper

In separate cups, melt the butter and heat the lemon juice,(hot not boiling) place egg yolks and seasonings into a bowl or food processor. TURN on the processer or stick blender and add hot lemon juice and then slowly add melted butter. Keep processor going for a minute after mixed.
I have a small bowl attachment on my processer which I use.
geldof (55 ) 5:16 pm, Tue 21 Dec #18

Note: I don't bother with the sugar and I don't have a microwave so use a pot to melt the butter in.
I use the mixing jar of my stick blender.

denzie, Nov 8, 11:28pm
Success! Just made the best hollandaise ever from your suggestion agedbag. Simply delicious, perfect consistency and so much nicer than the ones you buy in tetra packs in supermarket. My daughter loved it and even the poached eggs were perfect. We had it with smoked salmon and spinach on home made ciabatta. A perfect birthday brunch. I used the first link you sent and it was so easy. Many many thanks. DD

denzie, Nov 8, 11:29pm
Thanks too buzzy. I will make your one next week as a treat for ourselves. MANY thanks for your reply too. DD,

agedbag, Nov 9, 12:56am
Your brunch sounds delicious! I might try making Hollandaise sauce myself one day.

buzzy110, Jul 12, 10:02am
What a wonderful menu. How do you make your ciabatta?