Recipe for malt biscuits?

rufus113, May 18, 6:27am
Can anyone please help with a recipe for malt biscuits? The packets I'm buying from the supermarkets seem so bland nowadays.

wheelz, May 18, 7:02am
Good luck finding the malt to make them with too

nauru, May 18, 7:46am
Supermarkets sell it as does Binn Inn

greerg, May 19, 6:53am
Alison has one that google will lead you to - Alison's malty biscuits. I haven't tried myself but a friend says they're excellent. Her recipes are pretty dependable.

greerg, May 19, 6:53am
Oops that's Alison Holst.

rufus113, May 20, 1:08am
Thank you for that .We shall give her recipe a try.

pricilla, May 20, 10:53pm
I have a great malt biscuit recipe will write it out shortly for you. Lovely with a cup of tea or glass of milk.

pricilla, May 20, 10:58pm
Malt Biscuits.200grams of butter or margerine melted add 1 cup of sugar & 2 to 4 tablespoons of Malt beat then add 2 eggs beat lightly then add 2 to 3 cups of flour 2 heaped teaspoons of baking powder & mix roll into balls & press with fork & bake at 180c for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. So yummy & really easy. makes about 45 Biscuits.

popeye333, May 21, 4:14am
Yum sounds good Pricilla. Will give it a go at some stage

pricilla, May 21, 5:07am
You can add about 8 tablespoons of malt for stronger malt flavour. I'm going to make some tomorrow they are so yummy. Let me know how it goes popeye333

pricilla, May 21, 5:11am
I added malt to my self saucing choc pudding turned out delish.

wheelz, Jun 1, 11:18am
Oh dear! Found the malt at the supermarket. Made Alison Holsts ones, plus another I found on the web, that is mixed together, chilled, rolled out, then cut. Both are very very moorish. going to be the only biscuits I make from now!
Crisp like a ginger nut, but thinner, perfect for dunking.

nauru, Jun 3, 6:42am
Care to share your biscuit recipe wheelz?. I love malt flavour in anything. I add 1T malt to my bread too, gives a nice flavour to wholemeal/rye bread/rolls.

pricilla, Jun 20, 2:55am
I like the idea Nauru I'm going to put some malt in my bran loaf. Thanks