Recipe for cookie cutter cookies

seaspray1, Feb 7, 12:57am
I've been given a set of very cool cookie cutters. They are for cookies that hook over the side of your coffee cup. I made the recipe on the back but really don't like it. It tastes residually of flour. Has anyone got a good cookie cutter recipe for a biscuit that does not spread during baking?

fefeoc, Feb 7, 8:01am
I have 2 that I use often.

SPICY BISCUITS

225 grams butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 egg
2 tblsp cinnamon ]
1 tblsp mixed spice ] yes really, tablespoons

Soften butter and mix in sugar till well creamed. Mix in rest of ingredients and form dough. Allow to chill in fridge till a firm dough. (This is not a recipe you want to try and roll out on a hot day due to the high butter content!)
Roll out on a well-floured surface and bake at 180 for 6 - 8 mins till just browning. I ice these with vanilla icing, but they are lovely just dusted with icing sugar too. This makes a lot of biscuits! The dough keeps well in the fridge in a plastic bag if necessary.

VANILLA BISCUITS

125 grams butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 egg yolk
tsp vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix well, then stir in flour. Knead till a nice lump is formed, then chill if required till dough is firm. Roll out and bake at 180 for 6 - mins, again just till just starting to brown.

Neither of these recipes contain raising agents so will not spread or change shape.

seaspray1, Mar 20, 12:14am
Thank you. That is exactly what I'm looking for.