Dips to go with Corn Chips

bev00, Jun 16, 11:38am
Here is a recipe from rawmazing. it is for a chilli using green lentils. ( we used to love lentils and I thought I would not be able to have them until I read this recipe) All you do is soak them overnight. I made it last weekend but I soaked overnight and part of the next day as we were away from home for the day. Bear in mind she says 2 tablespoons of chilli! I am sure it is a misprint as I used two level tsp which was plenty hot enough for us. I did add the chopped fresh tomato into it and the sauce is scrumptious too. You need a min one hour to marinate the carrot and onion mix. I diced finely but not fine enough, so popped it in the kitchen whizz and pulsed to get it nice and fine. It serves four, so it gave us two evening meals. We loved it so much, I am making it again this weekend.

http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-chili/

REMEMBER DO NOT PUT IN TWO TABLESPOONS OF CHILLI! Just use coconut sugar. I only had rapadura sugar and use only one tbsp.

Quote cookessentials (1216) 11:34 am, Fri 15 Nov #20"

mommabean, Jun 19, 9:02am
Warm Bean dip - Alison host does one

mommabean, Jun 19, 9:02am
And salsa of course

awoftam, Jun 19, 9:21am
and hummus

rozigurl, Jun 19, 9:34am
MMmmmmmm Corn chips! Gotta have mince gotta have cheese. At the very least gotta have some melted cheese! Mozerella and Colby/Noble yummers!

carter441, Dec 15, 4:37am
I have what seems to be a thousand packets of Corn Chips in my pantry. Can anyone recommend dips to go with them please? Something other than guacamole!

rainrain1, Dec 15, 4:58am
Ale and Cheese spread or dip.

8 oz cream cheese
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2½ cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup beer (pretty much any beer, except light)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS:
Combine the cream cheese, mustard, cheddar cheese, cream, and salt in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds, add the beer and continue processing until very smooth. Pulse in the parsley until just dispersed.

Store in fridge up to four days, but take it out an hour before serving to allow it to soften a little

motorbo, Dec 15, 4:59am
sweetcorn relish and sour cream, tomato chilli salsa, salmon lemon pepper

rainrain1, Dec 15, 5:00am
Blue Cheese Dip or spread.
1/2 cup walnuts chopped
4 oz blue cheese
4 oz cream cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
mix all ingredients and serve with crackers.

carter441, Dec 15, 8:06am
Thank you people. Anymore?

2manytoys, Dec 28, 11:01am
grated cheese and a jar of sala mixed together

suzanna, Dec 28, 11:32pm
Google seven layer dip which is great with corn chips and if made in a glass bowl looks great. Basically layer of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, grated cheese, olives or spring onions and finished with chopped tomatoes. Alison Holst's recipe for refried beans is good. I add jalapeño to the guacamole for a bit of kick. This dip is substantial and delicious and you can of course play around with variations on the layers.

spunkeymonkey, Dec 28, 11:37pm
2nd this one add anything you want yummo

chatsmom, Dec 29, 12:21am
With cheap tomatoes at the moment, a fresh salsa is great.

laspaz, May 16, 5:03pm
spinach and artichoke dip, as a heated dip.