Tomato microwave

walker18, May 2, 11:11pm
I have quite a lot of tomatoes I need to use now as they are getting near there use by date. I will need to freeze some of what I make. I have made relish.Thank you for any easy recipes.

fifie, May 2, 11:37pm
Pasta sauce, freezes well and you can use it for heaps over winter like spag bol, pasta, mince dishes, meatballs, etc.

walker18, May 2, 11:38pm
Have you got a recipe please

pickles7, May 3, 12:27am
google
About 109,000,000 results (0.39 seconds)

kirmag, May 3, 2:32am
Just freeze the tomatoes to make relish, pasta sauce etc out of at a later date.

walker18, May 3, 4:59am
Thank You i will freeze them as i don't seem to be able to get all those 1o9 plus recipes as I am old and not very good at looking for recpes with google

kirmag, May 3, 5:09am
I just freeze them whole in bags and pull out what I need when I need it. They go mushy so no good for using as raw tomatoes but good for cooking.

brightlights60, Aug 21, 10:45am
Mrs B here. I chop up tomatoes with onions (around 4/5 tomatoes to 1/5 onion) in layers in a pot with a bit of basil and a dash of water. Bring to the boil, boil around 5 minutes, just to soften, then put through a moulie. When you use a moulie (food mill) you remove all the skins and most of the seeds, retaining the sweet tomato taste. If you use a blender, it grinds the seeds and skin, giving a bitter taste and you lose the nice red colour of the sauce. I freeze this in containers, use it with chicken stock in winter for tomato soup, thickened to use for spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce. We make around 50L of this every Autumn.