Bombay rice salad

caspa19, Sep 9, 7:56am
hi does anyone have a recipe for Bombay rice salad like the one you can get for pak n save thanks

daarhn, Sep 9, 8:07am
Spacks N Slaves 'Bombay Rice' salad taste just awful. Treat yourself and look up a genuine Bombay Rice dish online. Easy to make once you know the right ingredients. Make extra as taste divine the next day.

uli, Sep 12, 5:30am
Can you give a recipe?

samanya, Sep 12, 11:29pm

uli, Sep 13, 3:28am
Yes i know how to google.

I was hoping for daarhn's "Easy to make once you know the right ingredients" recipe. Especially if it "taste divine the next day".

samanya, Sep 13, 4:23am
Only trying to help.

uli, Sep 13, 5:39am
Of course :)

samanya, Sep 13, 5:55am
That's nice . I'm pleased you understand.

pgta, Sep 13, 8:33am
I just cook the rice, grab a packet of mixed raisins and peanuts, throw some in with the rice along with some spring onions, chopped red pepper. Then I dress it with some mayonnaise mixed with curry powder.

Tastes just as good. Sometimes if I am in a hurry I grab a packet of Thai flavour rice risotto, cook that and add the mayo, curry and other stuff to it.

wendalls, Sep 13, 10:10am
Nice to see Samanya and Uli being civil. Well done!

eljayv, Sep 13, 9:55pm
Haven't tried this but looks Okay
Bombay Rice Salad
Serving Size : 4

2 cups brown rice
1/4 cup peanut oil
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp chilli sauce
1 tsp ginger -- grated
2 tsp garam masala (optional)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 cup raisinsf
1 celery stalk -- chopped finely
1 medium carrot -- grated
1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts -- unsalted

Cook rice in boiling salted water 25 minutes or until tender (except I use homemade chicken stock). Combine oil, juice, sauce, ginger, garam masala and vinegar. Add to hot rice. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve hot or cold.

samanya, Oct 28, 2:02am
I'm a 'lady'. (apparently)