Gluten free coconut slice help

eljayv, May 22, 9:22pm
This recipe looked like what I wanted, however the ingredients list just two eggs but the methods says two in the base then mentions two again I topping. I know coconut flour requires extra egg so if anyone more familiar with this type of recipe could confirm that it possibly requires more that two eggs please help me out.

Ingredients

2 cups almond meal/flour

90g melted coconut oil

1/4 cup coconut flour

1 tsp vanilla extract

Raspberry jam

2 eggs

2 cups shredded coconut

1/2 coconut sugar

Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a slice tin, then add the melted coconut oil to a large bowl, followed by the almond meal/flour, two eggs, coconut flour and vanilla extract and mix well.

2. Press this mixture into the slice tin, pushing down into all the edges. Prick with a fork all over and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden.

3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes, then spread the base with a good helping of jam.

4. Place two eggs, shredded coconut and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well to combine. Sprinkle over the top of the jam and return to the oven for another 25 minutes.

5. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and cut into slices while in the tin.

sarahb5, May 23, 11:29am
I just use gluten free flour and use the coconut slice recipe from Chelsea Sugar website or make Louise slice - I used lemon honey instead of jam last time I made it - was delicious

eljayv, May 23, 9:00pm
I remembered your post on this but try as I might I couldn't find it. Thanks for this.

timturtle, May 23, 10:02pm

sarahb5, May 23, 10:30pm

eljayv, Jul 13, 5:01pm
Thank you I love SCD recipes .