Christmas biscuit cutters

echo275, Dec 3, 8:25am
Has anyone got an easy recipe for biscuits that I can make with my grandchildren that can be used with biscuit cutters? Thankyou.

bcnd, Dec 3, 8:42am
You could try my grandmas shortbread recipe. Take one food processor. Put in 250g softened butter & 3/4c icing sugar. Whiz for approx 30 seconds to cream it. Add 1/2c Cornflour & 1 and 3/4 cups plain flour. Whiz again for approx 30 seconds. It should be of the consistancy where it balls up the sides. If not add a wee bit more flour. Take out and roll out. Cut out shapes. Place on floured tray. Bake 20mins at 160

maynard9, Dec 3, 5:14pm
Freezing the dough for about 30mns makes it much easier to cut - esp in this humid weather.

Just bring it all together and put in gladwrap. Gently knead and roll out after taking out.

rarogal, Dec 3, 8:38pm
This is a good recipe for bulk biscuits, briefly written out but clear enough for you I think.

Biscuits
500g butter, 1 cup sugar, creamed.
Add 1 tin condensed milk, 4 cups SR flour, 1 cup custard powder (or 5 cups flour). Mix to a smooth dough. Can be frozen as dough or cooked and frozen. Bake at 180 until golden. Use choc chips, 100s & 1000s, M&Ms or sugared jubes on top.

fantail8, Dec 4, 7:06pm
gingerbread with the melted butter, not creamed - quicker means kids don't get bored while the creaming is happening.

fantail8, May 11, 4:54pm
oh and if you turn a gingerbread man cutter upside down you have a reindeer. :)