Cream donuts like bought at shops?

unknowndisorder, May 2, 10:56am
Does anyone have a recipe for these?
Could find lots for deep fried donuts, round donuts, but couldn't find any for "normal" donuts.
Sort of had a craving for these today and don't know anywhere that makes decent ones, so thought I should give it a go, if I can find anything :)
Cheers in advance.

jan2242, May 3, 3:14am
Devonshire Splits are almost identical from memory. try this recipe -
Makes 12

450 gplain flour
½ teaspoon salt
6 gsachet fast-action dried yeast
25 g caster sugar
50 gbutter, melted
284 ml semi-skimmed milk, warmed
284 mldouble cream
225 graspberry jam, sieved

1 Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast and caster sugar. Make a well in the centre.
2 Stir together the melted butter and milk, then add to the flour mixture. Mix to form a soft dough.
3 Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in a clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4 Turn the proved dough out on to a lightly floured surface and divide it into 12 pieces; knead each piece for 1 minute. Shape into rounds and place on 2 greased baking sheets, spaced well apart. Brush off any excess flour. Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
5 Place on the middle shelf of a preheated oven, 220˚C (425˚F), Gas Mark 7, for 15 minutes, until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
6 Split the buns open. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fill the buns with cream and sieved jam, and sift the icing sugar over the top.

unknowndisorder, May 3, 3:24am
Jan, thank you for that. Even if it's not the same, I'm guessing it'll go down well. Looks great, so thanks again.

valentino, Mar 27, 6:18pm
I'm still trying to find an old recipe that is cooked by a deep frying process, will post once found but others may have this...

If memory serves me right, could be just a simple bun recipe like a Cream Bun but is deep fried in either a vegetable fat or oil.

In the meantime, check out these that were given by others...

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=689

Cheers.