Casseroling and Braising?

prt1969, Jun 7, 2:00am
What is the difference?

rainrain1, Jun 7, 4:40am
Good question . Casserole is a stewing meat, cut up small, and cooked in the oven with vegetables and in a some kind of flavouring stock or gravy.
Braising would be a more tender cut of meat, cut into bigger pieces, can be cooked either in oven or on top of the stove. Braised steak I only do with onions and gravy made from the meat brownings, no other veg, and always simmered in my electric frypan for a couple of hours or more. Got to watch and make sure the juices don't boil dry, by adding more water every now and then. it's very tasty! Salt and pepper gotta have!

Someone else might be able to explain better

harrislucinda, Jun 7, 8:16am
I agree with rain rain

awoftam, Jun 7, 8:54am
From an expert:

"Here's Dave:

So what is braising anyway? Braising may sound complicated, but you probably already know it by a more familiar term - pot roasting. And while braising is similar to stewing, the two cooking methods do have some slight differences.

BOTH are moist heat, slow cooking methods that tenderize the beef and develop rich beef flavor
BOTH start with less-tender beef cuts as this cooking method softens the strong muscle fibers and connective tissue, guaranteeing tender, moist, flavorful results.

The Difference?
Braising cooks large cuts of beef in enough liquid to partially cover the meat as shown in Classic Beef Pot Roast with Root Vegetables
Stewing (casseroling) uses small, uniform pieces of beef pot roast or beef for stew meat that are totally immersed in liquid. This technique is used in Beef Bourguignonne.

prt1969, May 30, 9:12am
Thanks dave and rainrain got it.Cheers Pete