Nutri bullet recipes please for a newby

vomo2, Nov 22, 3:23am
Birthday gift so im keen to use it

samanya, Nov 22, 5:14am
I'm no expert & a newbie too, but I just bung in anything I feel like or have to hand. I always pop a piece of root ginger in & a lime cos I'm, not really a 'sweet tooth'. I use carrots, spinach tangelos, mangoes apples, pears etc etc (not all at once) & I've never had an unpleasant one yet. There is a book just been put out which would be worth you having a look at . i was lucky enough to score one free (well, I had just bought an expensive dishwasher & the Nutri Bullet) . It's called 'Discover the Healing Power of Nutrient Infusion' . OK maybe a bit of a grandiose title, but it does have some good combinations of fruit/ veges supposedly to heal.
Good luck with your experimentation.

samanya, Nov 22, 5:44am
I forgot to say that i use either almond milk or coconut water as the added liquid (or ice cubes). Enjoy.

nauru, Nov 22, 6:29am
Mine (Nutri Ninja) was a much appreciated gift. Anything goes in our house for juicing, smoothies and shakes, just whatever we feel like at the time. As well as juicing, I use mine to make my oat and nut milks, so much easier than using the processor and cheaper than shop bought. Also use it to make my soup and sauce bases.

samanya, Nov 22, 7:08am
I've been buying nut milks & found recipes in the Revive cookbooks, but I'd love to know what you do, nauru.

nauru, Nov 23, 6:14am
Hi Samanya, for oat milk I soak 1-1½ cups of oats with a pinch of celtic seasalt in a litre jar of cold water overnight. Next day add to ninja with a few drops of vanilla and process until smooth. Then I strain it through a terrylene net lined sieve, add cold water to make up to 1.5ltr and bottle it. Almond milk, I make the same way, soaking 1 cup almonds overnight, strain then add fresh water and process, adding cold water to make up to 1.5ltr, strain and bottle. The pulp that is left I use in bread, cake or muffin recipes.
Nut milk bags are quite expensive so I looked for an alterative method and found the terrylene net (which is perfect for the job) at Spotlight, ½ mtr made 3 milk cloths and cost me about $4.

samanya, Nov 23, 9:55pm
Thanks Nauru . that's definitely on my 'must do' list.

nauru, Jun 5, 3:19am
You are welcome samanya. I have barley flakes soaking tonight, going to try barley milk tomorrow.