Best Ever Casserole Recipes - Please Share!

wasala, Aug 7, 8:48am
I'm basking in the love of my family who've said that tonight's casserole was one of my best ever - and it's so damn easy!

Basically I buy some gravy steak from Countdown - always looking in the 'Quick Sale' section in case there's a bargain.

Throw it into the casserole dish - ignoring the experts who say it should be 'seared' first.

Add one tin of diced tomato and one of Maggi concentrated mushroom soup, a big dollop of any chutney that's getting old at the back of the fridge, a generous squirt of black sauce, chopped mushrooms, a marked-down coleslaw mix (without the enclosed dressing!), chopped yams, chopped leek and a stock cube, then let it go for an hour or two!

Meanwhile, bake some potatoes (rubbed in oil, salt and pepper first) , and boil some broccoli.

Stir 125gms of light sour cream (and a crumbled vege stock cube, if salt is needed) into the casserole, prior to serving.

Voila!

Please do try this, and give me some feedback as to other ingredients and/or variations you come up with. I don't eat much myself so am not a particularly imaginative cook. I guess that's why I always enjoy the success of this particular brew. There's nothing that makes a mum feel better than seeing empty plates after dinner!

wasala, Aug 7, 8:52am
PS: Everybody gets a nice knob of real butter in the baked potatoes, which I score with a big X once they're out of the oven!

pricilla, Jan 17, 1:07am
Mmmmmmm sounds so yummy wasala. I will be making this when I get some steak. Thanks for sharing.