Isopropyl for cleaning windows

matuq, Sep 14, 9:52pm
Does anyone have the "mix" for using Isopropyl for cleaning windows, please? A work colleague gave it to me recently but she's now left and I can't find what she wrote down for me. She swears by it. Have Googled but can't find it there, either (If the truth be known I probably don't have enough patience to go through all the Google stuff! ) Thx in advance. :o) I would post this in General but can't be bothered with all the comments that would follow.

kay141, Sep 15, 12:15am
I prefer the microfibre cloths for just about all cleaning these days. Cheap, washable and lint free. I can't stand the feel of wet paper, never have, ugh, but some who use it have been complaining newspaper leaves black smears. Might be just here.

samanya, Sep 15, 12:40am
I like the 'glass cleaner' cloths, too. in fact I use them for most cleaning.
I bough one of those Karcher window cleaners & find it great, but still don't get perfect windows, but it doesn't bother me too much as they always look much better once I've finished!
The only slight drawback is that the battery charge doesn't last long enough to do the complete house either inside or outside, but I'm usually ready for a break by the time it runs down.

matuq, Sep 15, 6:12am
Thx. that's the one I was looking for.

bev00, Sep 15, 10:35am
great info

petal1955, Sep 15, 9:09pm
The BEST ECO friendly cleaner of window is damp newspaper. wear gloves if you dont want newsprint all over your hands.

lilyfield, Sep 16, 4:44am
The cornflour acts as a polishing agent

village.green, Oct 25, 2:02am
Isopropyl is quite expensive, I bought some recently for sterilising small cosmetic jars and for spraying onto soap and it was $6 for a tiny bottle 100ml I think. There may be somewhere you can buy it in bulk and cheaper though? I bought mine from chemist.