CHICKEN SOUP

djintap, Jun 13, 6:07am
HELP!
I decided this would be a lovely night for yummy chicken soup so I put a pot on the stove. Distractions. Distraction-
s. Distractions. Just realised my yummy soup has gone completely DRY. Is this a complete failure? Can it be rescued by adding water? Or something else? Or is my family going to have to have cheese toasties tonight?

awoftam, Jun 13, 6:18am
What do you mean by dry? Burned? Have you more stock? Cheese toasties are yum btw lol

beaker59, Jun 13, 6:24am
Throw some water in stir and heat you might be lucky.

djintap, Jun 13, 6:41am
By dry I mean there was no more water in the pot. Just the chicken, celery, carrot and herbs. Thanks for answering. I put water into the pot now, will it recover?

beaker59, Jun 13, 6:43am
We wait with bated breath, as I said you might be lucky. As long as you don't get too much burnt flavours then it will be fine.

djintap, Jun 13, 6:53am
After a taste test (Masterchef style) I have reached the conclusion that it is going to be a cheese toasty night after all with maybe a tin of soup on the side (?). What once had the potential for a yummy tea now tastes burnt and nasty. Oh well, I am sure there will be many more chicken soup nights before winter is over. Lesson learnt. Many thanks for your help awoftam and beaker59 :o)

awoftam, Jun 13, 6:56am
Ha ha cooking fails are like all fails - they teach us stuff! As I mentioned cheese toasties are yum sprinkle a few herbs on top pull stuff out of the pantry and fridge make a platter dinner of whatever you have - it can be fun.

beaker59, May 31, 10:05am
Such is life :) move on, enjoy the toasties.