Sauce for Corned Beef NOT mustard

Page 1 / 2
ceila, May 2, 4:21am
Hi all
My family does not like Mustard sauce and we are having Corned beef tonight does anyone have a nice sauce or gravy to go with this Please

babymad, May 2, 4:25am
We jsut use chuntney with ours, mmm mashed spud, vege and relishwith CB is Yum! Damn wish you'd posted that earlier, now I feel like it for tea... and not enough time ;)

kabbo, May 2, 4:33am
just a white sauce or a parsley sauce is nice. quite often have that instead of mustard, which we do like as well.

245sam, May 2, 4:37am
ceila, we always have either mustard or mustard sauce with corned beef/silverside but a couple of the easiest/simplest options that I can think of to suggest for your family would be a white sauce based onion sauce or parsley sauce.

Hope that helps. :-))

mumstu, May 2, 4:56am
Cheese sauce, naughty I know but I love brocolli and carrots with silverside and alsways make cheese sauce... . yum!

ceila, May 2, 5:11am
Thanks for that will try an onion sauce Cheers

fisher, May 2, 5:12am
Horseradish sauce...

chchgurl, May 2, 5:30am
Sorry this is going to sound really stupid, but whats an onion sauce?

245sam, May 2, 5:35am
chchgurl, I always make white sauce by the roux method so when I make white sauce based onion sauce I cook the onion in the butter for the sauce before adding the flour, milk and seasoning. :-))

toadfish, May 2, 5:37am
mmmmm you just reminded me 245sam... my mum used to make onion sauce with Roast lamb... . . thought it was just an english thing... ... I haven't had it for years... .

Personally I like Chow Chow with silverside.

patricia43, May 2, 5:54am
Parley sauce is great with corned beef. Great if you've got some in the garden. Just make a white sauce first and add finely chopped parsley then simmer for a few minutes.

chchgurl, May 2, 6:02am
I thought maybe the case, I might try it tonight with my silverside that I am making for work lunches :)

micky_1, May 2, 6:12am
I dont cook the onion 1st, just add it at the end because of the heat of the white sauce the onion par cooks and you get the real onion taste . also make the roux method but in the microwave

justme..., Jan 20, 10:23pm
Try Cerebos sweet fruit chutney, it has small pieces of apple and raisins in it, perfect with corned beef, the kids love it too!!

coconutbuns, Jan 20, 10:38pm
We love cheese sauce with corned beef cooked in crockpot with onion, peppercorns, brown sugar, vinegar, bit of orange juice squeezed frm fresh orange, and hot veges smothered in sauce!

elliehen, Jan 21, 12:19am
"fisher wrote:

Maysept... folk forget about the proverbial horseradish sauce for corned beef.. Homemade is so nice...

Homemade Horseradish Sauce:
3-4 tsp lemon juice.. 2 tsp dijon mustard.. 3 tbsp olive oil.. 1-2 tbsp of fresh grated horseradish.. 2 tbsp sour cream.. big pinch of salt.. pinch of white pepper.. 2 very finely chopped spring onions..
Mix lemon juice with mustard whisking in olive oil... Add all other ingredients and whisk... Place in fridge to cool and thicken...
Have everything prepared/ready before grating horseradish.."

fisher's recipe, which I posted last night and then deleted, realising that I had put it in a different thread from a new one with the same question.But here it is again anyway, in case that poster doesn't return.

babymad, May 2, 4:25am
We jsut use chuntney with ours, mmm mashed spud, vege and relishwith CB is Yum! Damn wish you'd posted that earlier, now I feel like it for tea. and not enough time ;)

kabbo, May 2, 4:33am
just a white sauce or a parsley sauce is nice. quite often have that instead of mustard, which we do like as well.

245sam, May 2, 4:37am
ceila, we always have either mustard or mustard sauce with corned beef/silverside but a couple of the easiest/simplest options that I can think of to suggest for your family would be a white sauce based onion sauce or parsley sauce.

Hope that helps.:-))

mumstu, May 2, 4:56am
Cheese sauce, naughty I know but I love brocolli and carrots with silverside and alsways make cheese sauce.yum!

fisher, May 2, 5:12am
Horseradish sauce.

chchgurl, May 2, 5:30am
Sorry this is going to sound really stupid, but whats an onion sauce!

245sam, May 2, 5:35am
chchgurl, I always make white sauce by the roux method so when I make white sauce based onion sauce I cook the onion in the butter for the sauce before adding the flour, milk and seasoning.:-))

toadfish, May 2, 5:37am
mmmmm you just reminded me 245sam. my mum used to make onion sauce with Roast lamb. thought it was just an english thing.I haven't had it for years.

Personally I like Chow Chow with silverside.

patricia43, May 2, 5:54am
Parley sauce is great with corned beef. Great if you've got some in the garden. Just make a white sauce first and add finely chopped parsley then simmer for a few minutes.