Cheesecakes

Page 1 / 2
bev00, Jan 2, 11:22am
Chocolate cheesecake recipe;
Base: Crush a packet of plain biscuits, Melted butter to combine base, put mixture to the bottom of a cake tin
Filling: Place one small cream into a bowl, add one container of cream cheese, one can of condensed milk, one serving of gelatine and one melted packet of white (will be rich) chocolate or dairymilk chocolate. Mix all the ingredients together and place on top of base mixture inside the cake tin. finally put it into fridge/ freezer to set

Quoteladywinternz (101 ) 5:09 pm, Wed 2 Jan #10

drommy, Jan 2, 5:11pm
This! A lemoney baked cheesecake with a lemoney glaze. I use gingernuts in the buttery biscuit base. Unfortunately it's ruined me for other cheesecakes now, it's definitely the best cheesecake I've ever had.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/jack-youngbloods-marvelous-lemon-cheesecake-840

bev00, Feb 8, 10:31am
Lemon Cheesecake
This is the easy peasy cheesecake recipe I use (I think I may have even got it off here a few years back . I get so many cooking ideas here, it's great). This recipe does have both cream cheese and marscapone in it though. It is really rich so I tend to only make it very occasionally (usually Christmas or some other special occasion) and serve with lots of fresh fruit.

Base
100 grams Digestive biscuits
50 grams butter

Filling
2 lemons (rind and juice)
100 grams raw brown sugar
1/4 pint cream
12 oz cream cheese
12 oz mascarpone
Fresh fruit to garnish

Crush biscuits, add melted butter. Press into 8" loose bottom flan dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Grate rind from lemon, squeeze juice, mix with sugar. Beat well. Slowly beat in the cheeses and mix until smooth. Whip the cream and then fold into the cheese mix. Spread mix over biscuit base, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Transfer to serving dish and decorate with fruit of your choice.

Quoteshellz213 (54 ) 5:25 pm, Fri 8 Feb #4

bev00, Aug 17, 1:04pm
COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE
250g plain chocolate biscuits, 150g melted butter, 2 tsp gelatine, 1/4 cup water, 375g softened cream cheese, 300ml thickened cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 180g white eating chocolate melted, 160g cream filled chocolate biscuits (I used Oreo’s) quartered, 50g dark eating chocolate melted Line the base of a 23cm spring form tin with baking paper. 2) Blend or process the plain chocolate biscuits until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter, process until just combined. Using your hand, press biscuit mixture evenly over the base and 3 cm up the side of the prepared tin, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. 3) Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug, then stand the jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the gelatine dissolves, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4) Beat cheese, cream, vanilla extract and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in gelatine mixture and white chocolate, fold in the quartered biscuits. Pour the cheesecake mixture over biscuit mixture in tin. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until set. 5) Place melted dark chocolate in a small plastic bag with the corner snipped off and drizzle over cheesecake. Serve and enjoy posted by kennymac or kiwigoldie

winnie231 (159 159 positive feedback) 10:52 am, Wed 14 Aug #2

here's one that I have

Kahlua and Mars Bar Cheesecake by BRIDGET JOPSON
Desserts

Why this recipe is special:
Every time I make this cheesecake, it gets a comment. It was is absolutely delicious! A must have dessert for any occasion. Certainly a way to impress friends!
Serves: 8
Ingredients:
1 x 250g packet plain sweet biscuits
150g butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine
1/4 cup water
375g cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cups caster sugar
1 x 300ml thickened cream
3 X 60g mars bars, chopped
1 X flake bar and to decorate.
4-5 capfuls of Kahlua
Method:
Grease a 24cm springform tin.
Process biscuits until crushed, add butter, process until just combined. press biscuit mixture evenly over base. Cover and refridgerate for an hour.
Sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup. Stand cup in a pan of simmer water, stir until dissolved. Cool.
Beat cream cheeses, vanilla essence and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat cream in a seperate bowl until soft peaks form
Stir in gelatine mixture into cheese mixture with mars bars, fold in cream and Kahlua.
Pour mixture over base in tin, Cover and refridgerate until set.

rainrain1 (7 7 positive feedback) 11:15 am, Wed 14 Aug #4

MARS BAR CHEESECAKE
250g plain chocolate biscuits or chocolate thins, crushed
125g butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine
¼ cup water
375g cream cheese
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
300ml thickened cream
3 x Mars bars or Moro bars, chopped or 1 bag Moro Chocettes, halved

Combine the biscuits and butter in a bowl, and mix well. Press evenly over the base and sides of a 22cm springform tin. Refrigerate until firm.
In a cup sprinkle the gelatine over water, then stand the cup in a small pan of simmering water, and stir until dissolved. Cool slightly.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric beater, until smooth. Beat the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
Stir the gelatine mixture into the cheese mixture with the cream and Mars bars. Pour into the crust and refrigerate until set.

mooshiesmum, Aug 18, 6:17am
Ooh can I add a link to my favourite - so so easy and my I earn lots of good brownie points wherever I take it!

http://justamumnz.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/divine-white-chocolate-cheesecake-with-berry-coulis/

bev00, Aug 18, 9:43am
too good to lose .

uli, Aug 18, 9:50am
Ahhh bev00 - I thought I might bump it - but then thought you might be "better situated" to do it.

Thanks for bumping! :)

I might add my own recipe now :)

lotsagiggles, Sep 8, 12:16pm
Well this is the basic recipe I use.
BASE
100g of biscuit crumbs (use the ones that compliment the flavour of your filling. I find buttercrunch and gingernut a yummy choice).
20g butter melted
Combine and press into a greased pan (it says chill but i never do and it works out great)

375g Philadelphia cream cheese (I use the 60% low fat one)
1/3 cup caster sugar (at a pinch normal sugar is fine)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 egg
2 teaspoons of plain flour
1/4 cup of your favourite flavour (I tend to stick with fruits because they are popular. Mango/peach, strawberry etc

Beat vanilla, cream cheese and sugar with a beater till smooth. Beat in egg then stir through flour and your flavour (if too runny add another teaspoon of flour).
Pour onto your base and bake at 160C for 25 mins or until just set.
Chill.
I like to put a lite topping on the top for presentation. I either layer fruit or put some in the whiz and pour it on top.

I have also used made a black forest cheesecake by using berries and a bit of chocolate in the filling and using Oreo cookies as the biscuit. You can add a bit of Canterbury Cream Wildberry to the filling if you want it to be alcoholic.

Main thing is to have fun. The original recipe was for sticky date with fudge sauce. This didn't work for us since no one liked dates (bar me) so I made it my own.

Here are some pics of them. Sorry haven't yet attached the recipes on pinterest because I am lazy.
http://pinterest.com/pin/269723465153663510/ http://pinterest.com/pin/269723465155832554/ http://pinterest.com/pin/269723465156277245/

cookessentials, Sep 11, 12:15am
They look good. I am following you on pinterest now.

lotsagiggles, Sep 11, 8:54am
I just love how easy that recipe is. Really fast to whip up too. I have to work on putting the recipe on what I post. I love you can pin lots of ideas in one place. In the Xmas holidays I am planning to go all out.

cookessentials, Sep 12, 3:08am
Courtesy J B Friend Honey

BAKED HONEY AND PEACH CHEESECAKE
Serves 12-16

6 small ripe but firm peaches, peeled and sliced
5 Tablespoons J. Friend and Co Pohutukawa honey
190g caster sugar
300g flour, plus 2 tablespoons
180g cold butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
3-4 tablespoons iced water
600g cream cheese
3 large eggs
150ml sour cream
200g Clevedon Valley Buffalo Company vanilla bean yoghurt

Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine two tablespoons of the honey with one tablespoon of water to loosen it. Place the peach slices in a baking dish, pour over the honey and toss to coat. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
Put the 300g flour and 90g of the caster sugar in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse to combine. Scatter the cold cubes of butter evenly over the flour. Pulse until barely combined then add 3 tablespoons of the iced water and pulse again. Tip the mixture on to a lightly floured surface and gently knead together until smooth adding the remaining tablespoon of water if needed. Grease a 22cm loose-bottom cake tin. Press the dough firmly into the base and sides of the tin to line up to 2cm below the rim of the tin. Chill.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the 2 tablespoons of flour, the remaining 100g caster sugar and 3 tablespoons honey, eggs and sour cream. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes then spread the yoghurt over the top and bake a further 5 minutes. Cool in the tin.
When cool, run a knife around the sides to loosen and remove from the tin. Top with the peaches and pour any juice over. Serve with extra yoghurt if liked.

cookessentials, Sep 12, 5:00am
Beechwood Honeydew Honey Cheesecake
Courtesy J B Friend Honey

200gm shortcrust pastry
200gm Kwark, (I use the Karikaas brand)
6 Tbsp J. Friend and Co Beechwood Honeydew Honey
100gm sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon
4 free-range eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp sugar

Method

A deceptively gooey and ‘melt in the mouth’ delicious baked cheesecake, serve with some poached fruit and a trickle of Honeydew honey for the ultimate finale for any meal!

Preheat the oven to 200C. Roll out the pasty and line the base and sides of a 22cm round loose – bottomed tin, prick holes in the pastry with a fork. Bake blind for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and reduce the oven to 180C
Put the Kwark, honey, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth, (do not whisk). Pour into the pastry case, sprinkle the surface with the combined cinnamon and sugar, then bake for approximately 50 minutes or until firm. Leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven.

anna95, Sep 12, 11:54pm
I'm looking for the recipe for mini cheesecakes made with a gingernut base and cream cheese with lemon and passionfruit honey mixed into it

cookessentials, Sep 13, 12:04am
Hi ann95, I think there was a recipe similar to that a while back, but it may have been lime rather than lemon. Will see what I can find for you.

pony_girl, Sep 13, 12:26am
A message for daarhn, who was asking about a ricotta baked Italian cheesecake - there is one on Stuff today, a recipe from Neil Perry.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/recipes/9152889/Recipe-Classic-Italian-cheesecake

cookessentials, Sep 17, 7:31am
Bumping for more cheesecake recipes

245sam, Sep 17, 7:41am
Is this what you were thinking of cookessentials/Pam - it's one of your recipes from the former Trademe Cooks?

Little Lemon Cheesecakes
Ingredients Melted butter, to grease 1 x 250g pkt ginger nut biscuits (Arnott's brand) 75g plain sweet biscuits 125g butter, melted 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind 2 eggs Lemon curd 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar 40g butter, chopped 2 eggs, lightly whisked. Brush four 12cm (base measurement) springform pans with melted butter to lightly grease. Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Divide the biscuit mixture among prepared pans. Use a straight-sided glass to evenly spread and press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base and side of each pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Preheat oven to 180°C. Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Pour mixture evenly among biscuit bases. Place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until just set in the centre. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecakes in oven, with the door ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled completely (this will prevent cakes from cracking). Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill. Meanwhile, to make the lemon curd, combine the lemon rind and juice, sugar, butter and eggs in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Pour lemon curd over each cheesecake. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
posted by cookessentials. :-))

245sam, Sep 17, 7:42am
and here's another recipe from the former Trademe Cooks.

Ginger-lime Baby Cheesecakes
1 & a 1/2 pkts round, vanilla, or gingernut biscuits 6-12 pieces of crystalised ginger finely diced 1tsp ground ginger Butter 2-5 ounces 6 limes Juice of 6, zest of 2 1 tub of Tararua cheesecake filling or your favourite no bake recipe (I use 2 tubs cream cheese 1 tub sour cream then thin it with about 1/2 small bottle cream –if over beaten thin again with milk) Sugar to taste. Process your biscuits crumbs, diced ginger and ground ginger then keep adding the butter until the crumbs stick together when squeezed. (This recipe needs more butter than usual to hold the bases together for finger food).Line your patty tins with glad wrap making sure the wrap extends about 6” past both ends of the tins to give you something to grip when it comes time to lift them out. Put a spoonful of crumbs into each patty well and use the largest one of the limes to press the crumbs into shape. (My partner did this last year and halved the time it took to make the bases). Top the crumb bases with another sheet of wrap and place the next tin on top, repeat until all crumbs used. Top with more wrap and place stack in freezer. Filling; Add the juice of 6 limes and the zest of 2 into your favourite no bake filling. Add icing sugar to sweeten if necessary. Remove patty tins from freezer and fill. Cover with more g-wrap and return to freezer un-stacked. To serve; Hold one end of the g-wrap that is between the bases and the tin and gently lift the g-wrap, this will bring each of the cheesecakes up so that you can put them on platters. Serve immediately. At this time of the year they thaw in 2 minutes and if you’re lucky they tingle while you eat them like those old fruit tingle lollies. Keep an eye out for the cheesecake hog and you will have solved another Birthday/Christmas present. I now have to make a double batch each Christmas to cope with demand. (This recipe makes about 4 ½ dozen baby cheesecakes).
posted by gingerlime. :-))

cookessentials, Sep 18, 10:28pm
Bumping up for Sylvia. The baked ones are easy to do Sylvia, hopefully you may be convinced to try another one soon.

kaddiew, Sep 23, 6:05am
This comes from a Country Goodness booklet, and has a yeast potato bread base with a layer of apple puree between base and filling. Looks very time consuming but a little different.

German Baked Cheesecake Serves 10

Base
½ cup hot water
50gm butter
2tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1.5 tsp dried yeast
1 egg
½ cup lukewarm mashed potato
3 tbsp sugar
2 cups flour
Put butter, salt & 2tsp sugar in a bowl with hot water, stir till dissolved. Cool to lukewarm, sprinkle yeast over, leave 10 mins till bubbling. Add egg & potato, beat till smooth; add 2nd measure of sugar and ½ the flour, beat well, then rest of flour for a soft dough. Knead till smooth, rise in covered greased bowl 30 mins or till doubled. Knead lightly, use to line sides and base of greased 23cm loose bottomed square tin.

Apple Layer
Cook 3 peeled, sliced apples in 2tbsp water till soft, beat to puree with ¼ tsp cinnamon & 1-2 tbsp sugar. (Or just use a can of puree.) Cool & spread over base.

Filling
500gm cottage cheese
¼ cup sugar
2 eggs
2tbsp flour
Sieve cottage cheese and beat in sugar, add eggs gradually, fold in flour. (Or just use food processor.)

Spoon on top of apple puree layer. Rise in warm place 30 mins. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cinnamon & 3tbsp sugar.

Bake 200C 15 mins then 160C for a further 30 mins or till set.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 1:22am
"Bailey's Cheesecake - never fails!
250g choc chip biscuits 75g butter, melted, 3tsp gelatine, 1/4c water, 2x 250g packets cream cheese, 3/4 cup caster sugar, 300ml thickened cream, 1/3 cup baileys 2 eggs whites. Chocolate sauce. 200g dark chocolate chopped, 1c thickened cream, 2 tablespoons baileys Crush biscuits till they resemble breadcrumbs. Add butter, stir to combine. Press into cheesecake tin, refrigerate for 30mins or till firm. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug stand in small saucepan of simmering water, stir until dissolved. cool for 5 mins. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream beat until thick. Stir in gelatine and liquor. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture. Pour over prepared base. Cover and refrigerate for 4hrs until set. Chocolate sauce. Combine chocolate and cream in saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in Liqueur. Serve with cheesecake." :-))

Edited to add that IMO the cheesecake doesn't necessarily need the Chocolate Sauce - it's a delicious treat just on its own.

Hope that helps. :-))

Edited by 245sam at 2:36 pm, Wed 3 Oct

pam.delilah, Oct 28, 8:16pm
Love this easy one from Chelsea Winter. I make small min ones
White chocolate and fresh berry cheesecake
Ingredients
350g packet biscuits
75g softened (almost melted) butter
250g tub cream cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
250g good quality white chocolate (I used Whittaker’s Raspberry White Chocolate)
1/3 cup cream
1 cup cream, whipped
2 punnets fresh strawberries or raspberries (or both), hulled
¼ cup melted jam or sugar syrup, for serving
Method
Line the base of a round 22cm diameter springform cake tin with a cut round of baking paper.
Place the biscuits in a food processor and process to a fine crumb (you can also smash the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin if you don’t’ have a food processor).
Add the butter and process until well combined.
Tip the crumbs into the cake tin and using your fingers, press into the base and up the sides to form a shell of even thickness – about 6 – 7cm high. Refrigerate.
Using an electric beater (or a non-electric one and lots of elbow grease), beat the cream cheese, lemon zest and 1 tbsp of the liquid cream for a few minutes until fluffy and well mixed. Set aside.
Place the broken up white chocolate and the 1/3 cup liquid cream over a double boiler (or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water), and heat until just melted, stirring every now and then.
Add a spoonful at a time to the cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition.
Gently fold in the whipped cream. (At this point, you can also fold in a handful of fresh berries if you like.)
Pour the cream mixture into the biscuit base and smooth out the top with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until needed.
When you’re ready to tuck in to your cheesecake, carefully release the spring latch on the tin and lift the cheesecake out through the tin from underneath. Gently remove the metal base with a metal spatula or fish slice, and peel off the baking paper. Carefully place the cheesecake on a serving platter. Arrange the fresh berries on top, brush with a little of the melted jam for shine, slice and serve

pam.delilah, Oct 28, 8:18pm
another nice one from Chelsea.
Dark chocolate and peppermint cheesecake
Ingredients
1 x 200-250g packet choc mint biscuits (or plain)
50g butter, softened
6 x Whittaker’s 50% Cocoa Dark Peppermint Sante Bars (150g total)
½ cup cream, lightly whipped
¼ cup cream, liquid
250g cream cheese
Extra grated and melted chocolate, to garnish
Extra whipped cream, to serve
Mint leaves, to garnish
Method
Place the biscuits in a food processor and process to a very fine crumb (you can also smash the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin if you don’t’ have a food processor). Add the butter and process until well combined. Tip the crumbs into 4-6 small tart tins (or use a muffin pan) and using your fingers, press into the base and up the sides to form a shell. Refrigerate to set.
Using an electric beater (or a non-electric one and lots of elbow grease), beat the cream cheese until fluffy and well mixed.
Place the broken up chocolate and the ¼ cup liquid cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and heat until just melted, stirring every now and then. Cool slightly, then add a spoonful at a time to the cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition. Beat in the whipped cream. Spoon the mixture into the biscuit bases and smooth out the tops a little. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until needed.
When you’re ready to serve your cheesecakes, carefully remove them from the tins and place on serving plates or a serving tray. Spoon a dollop of whipped cream on top, sprinkle over the grated chocolate and drizzle over the melted chocolate. Garnish with mint leaves.

motorbo, Oct 28, 9:15pm
the lady im staying with adores cheesecake so I was thinking of making her one. but then I thought hmmm banoffee pie lol. will read the recipes here and see if one takes my fancy to make today

bev00, Dec 22, 6:13pm
BEST CHEESECAKE
Crust:
1 pack plain biscuits, crumbed
½ tsp cinnamon
75g butter, melted

Combine all the ingredients and press the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a 23cm springform pan.

Filling:
3 eggs, well-beaten
500g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
750g sour cream

Mix all the ingredients together well, then pour the mixture into the crumb crust.
Bake at 190°C for 40 minutes, or until set - it should be slightly puffed around the outside but not cracked or browned, and the middle should still be slightly liquid.
Chill for at least 4 hours - better overnight.
Eat as is, or can top with fresh fruit.