Blueberry muffins - these are the best

wingee, Jan 4, 12:11am
I just made these today, perfect!

rusty-bones, Jan 5, 6:18am
Will try these thanks. I have never been any good at making Muffins, I cant get over the whole folding in thing, just seem to always over stir.

bev00, Jan 18, 10:06am
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

360 grams (12 ½ oz s) Plain four
120g (4 ½ ozs) Sugar
4 tsps Baking powder
½ tsps Salt
4 eggs
110g (4ozs) Butter (melted)
350 mLs (12 ozs) (Milk)
2 tsp Vanilla essence
2 tsp Grated lemon rind
320 g (12ozs )Fresh blueberries (I use frozen blueberries- Do not thaw)

1. Preheat a 200C (400 F) or gas 6 oven
2. Grease muffin tin or use paper cases
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl
4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Add the melted butter, milk, vanilla and lemon rind and stir to combine
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. With a large metal spoon, stir just until the flour is moistened, not until smooth.
6. Fold in blueberries
7. Spoon the batter into the cups leaving room for the muffins to rise
8. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out

Quoteyasmin31 (0) 6:31 pm, Mon 16 Jul #3

sarahb5, Jan 19, 1:31am
I think this might be the recipe that was used for our morning tea shout at work last week - had a definite citrus flavour. I already have a recipe I always use but will be adding the lemon zest next time I make them.

ksr, Jan 20, 9:00am
Yum thanks. Made them today - no blueberries though - I chopped up fresh plums from the tree, and poked plums into the mixture that was already in the tins. Gorgeous. Muffins are yummy and sweet and the plums were tart - perfection!

bev00, Jan 20, 10:44am
sounds like a keeper and must try

slimgym, Jan 20, 3:52pm
must admit when I saw this I thought OMG, but I made some muffins the other day and mixed the blueberries in, when it came to the last 2 muffins the mixture didnt have any blueberries in so I did your trick and yes it is better thanks

socram, Jan 20, 6:51pm
Put me down as another who is happy with purple! As long as there is plenty of fruit I am happy.

A long gone local café owner's blueberry muffins, are still the best I have tasted and she added dessicated coconut to the mix.

Blueberry with a decent dollop of cream cheese inside each muffin (not on top) suits me best as I need the extra moisture - but still have to have decent butter on them.

I have to confess that I have never, ever, made muffins.

flower-child01, Feb 15, 7:15pm
115 g butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c yoghurt (or sour cream)
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c blueberries

Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, yoghurt, milk and vanilla essence.
Add to this flour and baking powder then mix. Lastly gently fold in blueberries. Place in muffin tins. Bake 200°C 15-20 mins, or top bounces back when pressed.

Frozen blueberries can be used, just roll in flour prior to adding to the mix so they hold longer while folding in.

clareo, Feb 16, 12:31am
Yum - will give these a try.

flower-child01, Feb 16, 12:43am
That and other recipes of mine are at kiwihippy.wordpress.com

lynja, Feb 16, 8:37am
lovely thanks for sharing that flower-child

paghan, Dec 30, 9:20am
Made these today, They turned out fantastic, recipe written into my cookbook. Thanks :o)

doree36, Dec 30, 9:23pm
a little thing I do when I make my blueberry muffins is - instead of folding in the blueberries (which sometimes can turn the mixture a bit purple looking) - I pop 3 or 4 blueberries into each muffin when I put them in the tin - everyone gets the same amount of berries then !

nauru, Dec 31, 4:13am
I do this too, poking them in the muffin with the aid of a skewer. Works great and no purple muffins.

aktow, May 2, 11:19am
who cares if the mixtures goes a bit purple,

one time i had to make 2 thousand blueberry muffins for a out catering. this recipe has a crumble on top.

blueberry muffin and crumble topping

190 g all-purpose flour
150 g white sugar
3 g salt
9 g baking powder
80 ml vegetable oil
1 egg
80 ml milk
145 g fresh blueberries

To make crumble topping
100 g white sugar
40 g all-purpose flour
55 g butter, cubed
3 g ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
1) Place 190g flour, 150g sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl and mix together.
2) in a jug weigh 80g of cooking oil and 80g milk. add I eggs and give it a whisk
3) tip the egg milk mixture in to the flour
4) add the blue berries and mix all together,
5) Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping:
Mix together 100g sugar, 40g flour, 55g butter, and 1 large teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.

you don't have to make a crumble,, it still turn out moist and tasty