Chocolate crackles

bonnay, Jan 21, 7:23am
Omg I used to make this in the cafe I worked in , sold like hot cakes.lol

whitehead., Jan 21, 8:22pm
i used to make a slice with caramel and whipped cream on puff pastre it was to die for but you could see the dentist removing all your teeth as you ate it i iced it with lemon icing just to cut the sweet

angel34, Jan 26, 12:04am
I make mine in a slice sometimes. I make the moro slice instead though.

3 cups rice bubbles
3 moro or mars bars
90gm butter

melt the chopped up bars and butter, add to ricies and then either put in paper cases or into a slice tin. refrigerate. Always goes down well at a kids party or even my work morning tea lol.

popeye333, Jan 15, 4:57am
Has anyone made these into a slice, rather than in paper cup cases?

Im figuring it would cut about the same as White Christmas would?

lilyfield, Jan 15, 5:11am
Sure it would cut

popeye333, Jan 15, 5:21am
It sure would make it easier to eat and less fluffing about lol.

Thinks Ill have a no bake baking day on the weekend lol

245sam, Jan 15, 5:26am
popeye333, I have tried a slice that was made with a layer of caramel sandwiched between two layers of the chocolate crackle mixture - it was cut perfectly but was very sweet. Here's a cornflake version of that recipe.

"Homemade Caramel recipe with condensed milk
OVEN METHOD;Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil; place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with hot water. Bake at 425 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel colored.
STOVETOP METHOD;Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler; place over boiling water. Over low heat, simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel colored. Beat until smooth.
MICROWAVE METHOD;Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk into 2-quart glass measuring cup. Cook on 50% power (medium) 4 minutes, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until smooth. Cook on 30% power (medium-low) 20 to 26 minutes or until very thick and caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 4 minutes during the first 16 minutes and every 2 minutes the last 4 to 10

chocolate caramel crunch
Base: 8 oz kremelta (melted), 4 cups cornflakes, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup icing sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa. Pour kremelta over dry ingredients and mix. Spread half in sponge roll tin and place in fridge. Filling: 1/2 tin condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 oz butter, 2 tablespoons golden syrup. Place all ingredients in a pan and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cool and spread over base. Top with remainder of base mixture and set in fridge. Cut before it sets too hard, return it to the fridge to set properly. If you leave it to set completely before cutting, it goes really hard and breaks up rather than cutting into nice little (or big) squares. Don't make the pieces too big because it is really sweet and rich.
above 2 both posted by pam_delilah" :-))

popeye333, Jan 15, 5:39am
Sounds very very rich 245sam. id probably end up being super hyper from it. Normal caramel slice gets me bouncing off walls.

So as good as it sounds, its probably not something I should make. I never used to have that side effect, but don't want to risk it again lol

sarahb5, Apr 21, 6:55pm
I have made it as a slice - needs to be well compacted in order to be cutable buf I find a pizza cutter works really well