I see Chanui

eagles9999, Aug 14, 5:00am
has diversified into biscuits. The spokesman says they are made for NZ'ers by NZ'ers.
Would I be right in thinking that these must be made by Griffins.

twelve12, Aug 14, 5:33am
Nope, don't think so. Can't find anything online about Chanui's parent company.

aktow, Aug 14, 2:22pm
there tea is nothing special. so weak and so over priced,, did they change there brand name from chai to chanui.

lythande1, Aug 14, 6:04pm
Ridiculous price. They don't even grow it here - unlike another NZer who does grow tea in NZ.
They import it, call it "NZ" tea and charge twice as much.
Tea is all the same, same plant. Black tea is processed the same. yes there are grades depending whether the small tips or bigger leaves were used and I car not about that.

kaddiew, Aug 14, 8:38pm
Yes, they did.

twelve12, Aug 14, 8:46pm
I'm confused about some of what's being said. Chanui is normally cheaper than other OK brands (maybe not Bell and those ones, but they taste like dishwater). and their earl grey is one of the strongest, definitely stronger than Twinings.
Or it was, I haven't bought it in ages.
Wasn't a fan of their English Breakfast though.

cleggyboy, Aug 14, 8:54pm
Homebrand or Budget are just as good and cheap as chips.

You are paying for the name not the quality.

twelve12, Aug 14, 10:22pm
I've found Homebrand stuff to be awesome, actually. Their cocoa is fantastic, much better than Cadbury's.

tigra, Aug 14, 10:39pm
Doug Hastie is the CEO of Chanui and Syft Technologies

joybells2, Aug 14, 10:59pm
Doesn't taste any better we reckon, bought it one, wouldn't buy it again, stick to Dilmah

addington261, Aug 15, 10:00am
Does anyone know the name of the NZ grown tea and where it is sold. I don't know if it is just me or not but lately all tea is tasting like dishwater.

tehenga288, Aug 15, 10:21am
i think the NZ tea is Zeagold. Don;t know where it's sold, maybe their website will say or you can purchase online.

daarhn, Aug 15, 10:27am
T2 stores are the best! A go to for something exotic or gifts. T2 cafes and stores in Sydney are to die for for all tea enthusiasts!

vomo2, Aug 15, 10:43am
We love Nerada tea in this house. Its grown inland from Cairns and sold by Countdown. Chanui is too weak for us.

twelve12, Dec 30, 5:06pm
There's a T2 store in downtown Auckland, too.

I prefer TeaTotal. We'll occasionally do a big binge order and try a whole bunch of flavours.
http://www.teatotal.co.nz/

Also in Auckland is the Tea cafe place in the Mt Eden shops. They have the NZ grown tea I think. plus heaps of others. The woman there is so knowledgeable, very cool.