Can anyone help please? Easycook oven.

cautis, Aug 28, 12:49am
I just bought an Easycook E717 model from the op-shop, minus a manual. Is anyone able to post some recipes for me please or let me know where I can find a cheap manual? Phoned the 0800 number and a manual is $20ish plus $15 postage (that's Australian $$) to get here. I only paid $25 for the oven so don't really want to pay those prices.

Thanks in advance. :)

kiwitrish, Aug 28, 2:14am
You can download it free from the internet. Just type in Easycook E717 manual and it comes up.

cautis, Aug 28, 5:05am
Unfortunately I have to put in my card details for that and I hate to do that without knowing anything about the site, it's one I've never heard of.

And now that I've done that, the stupid site doesn't have the manual anyway. Same as all the others I've looked at.

cleggyboy, Aug 28, 6:37am
I have a different but similar oven, and I just use the same heats & times as a convention oven, so far all is good with no stuff ups.

fifie, Aug 28, 6:41am
Maybe model you have is a earlier one, have a look at this link for another model has recipes might help.
http://www.easycook.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=3&zenid=ga24t46ebit3jiolq97

nauru, Aug 28, 8:58am
These are great ovens, I've been using one for over 20 years. As cleggyboy said, just use the same temps as a conventional oven. I do tend to reduce cooking time a little though as I find that most things cook much quicker in this type of oven. There are some Easicook demos on Youtube too if your interested. I bought the cook book which I find was well worth the money.

cautis, Aug 28, 7:44pm
I think the time and temp is the main thing I needed. I can't cook unless I follow a recipe. I did start looking on youtube quickly last night and will have a better look today.

Does anyone know about roasting a chicken and veges in one? Some things I've seen have the veges surrounding the chicken, some have the veges above the chicken and others have them under the chicken. Roast chicken is the first thing I want to try, but would like to know the best way to do the veges in it.

Yep the model I have is apparently an earlier model - E717.

nauru, Aug 30, 7:57am
This is from the Easicook recipe book for a 1.5kg chicken.
Season the chicken all over with mixed herbs. Put it on the lower rack and put the vegetables around the chicken, cook @ 205C for 70 minutes, turning once.
I sometimes put the chicken on top of the veges and stuff a cut lemon inside the chicken too, nice flavour.

pericles, Sep 1, 5:31am
Nauru, I do the same, hardly use mine

nauru, Sep 1, 6:10am
Pericles, as there are only two of us, I find that I use mine quite a lot now, way cheaper than using the big oven for just the two of us.

cautis, Sep 3, 9:24pm
Thanks for that Nauru. I tried a roast the other day and had the veges on a lower rack. The boys weren't impressed with the veges lol but the chicken was good. I will try one with the veges around the chicken on Saturday.

I love using it, have been trialing a couple of things, like the roast, and pumpkin for soup, which worked well.

Would love a cake recipe if someone has one I can try which is from an easycook instruction guide?

nauru, Sep 4, 9:14am
This is from the Easicook recipe book, I haven't tried it, I tend to just use any cake recipes in my oven. They recommend using a ring pan as cakes bake better in them, I have a silicone one I use.
Chocolate Fudge Cake
1 cup plain flour
1 cup SR flour
1½ cups dark brown sugar
1 cup cocoa
1 cup milk
pinch salt
2 eggs
1 cup butter
1 teas vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Prepare a 20cm ring pan and preheat oven on 170C for 6 minutes.
In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, butter an d vanilla, beat on medium for 2 minutes. Mix in boiling water and pour into cake pan. Bake @ 170C for 30 minutes.

cautis, Sep 5, 8:20pm
Ooh thanks Nauru, will try that as soon as I can find a tin!

nauru, Sep 6, 7:35am
You're welcome, if there is anything else that you want, let me know, will look it up for you. Happy cooking.

tessie2, Sep 6, 10:24pm
To Nauru - I have a Sunbeam nutrioven and it says not to use silicon bakeware. I was surprised as this is safe for standard oven. What do you think?

nauru, Nov 8, 1:54am
Tessie2, I have not heard that but my oven is not a Nutri oven, aren't they are a little different.