Help I need Alison Holst's Ginger Fudge recipe

angel21_01, Jun 6, 6:36am
Help I'm in need for this recipe and I cant find my copy, I promised to make this for a school function and I have misplaced my copy.

unknowndisorder, Jun 6, 6:43am
2c sugar
1/2c milk (125ml)
50g butter
1/2-1tsp ginger
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1/2tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts

unknowndisorder, Jun 6, 6:48am
Put sugar, milk and butter into medium sized pot. add ginger and golden syrup. bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. don't stir after it starts boiling.

boil until 1/4 tsp of mixture dropped into cold water forms a soft ball and holds its shape or 235F if using a thermometer.

remove from heat and leave until the pot is cool enough to touch.

add vanilla and chopped nuts and beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge shows signs of thickening.

Pour quickly into buttered sponge roll tin, swirling the top with a knife before it sets hard, if possible.

cut as soon as it is firm, in case it is overcooked, making it too hard to cut neatly.

just to add: page 312 of the ultimate collection book :)

angel21_01, Jun 6, 6:52am
Thank yo so very much :)

wendalls, Jun 6, 6:54am
2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
50g butter
1/2 to 1 t ginger
1 T golden syrup
1/2 t vanilla essence
2T walnuts choppd

Put sugar, milk and butter in med pot. Add ginger and GS. Bring to boil stir occ. do not stir after it boils
Boil till it forms a soft ball in cold water. Remove from heat, cool till touchable. Add nuts and vanilla and beattill it shows signs of thickening. Pour quick into uttered sponge roll tin. Cut as soon as firm.

wendalls, Jun 6, 6:55am
Oh fudge!

unknowndisorder, Jun 6, 7:08am
Lol, Wendalls, that is why aI thought to post the ingredients, so that someone like you could see I had found the recipe :)

unknowndisorder, Jun 16, 11:00am
You are welcome :)