Smoked Marlin

jenwren26, Mar 26, 5:03am
Hi expert cooking people - We've been given some frozen smoked marlin but haven't got a clue what to do with it. Any suggestions for a yummy way to prepare this? Plan to have it tomorrow. TIA !

cccc3, Mar 26, 8:45am
maybe just eat it as it a snack, it will last for a few days in the fridge, or make it into smoked fishpie. sandwiches. I was given a big hunk of smoked tuna which we snacked on for 6 days,

aj.2., Mar 26, 8:52am
Yes , make it into fish pie, or even as steaks, just needs a bit of heating in the pan, severed with veggies.

sampa, Mar 26, 9:21am
Yum, yum, yum. White sauce base, bit of pasta - if so inclined - a few capers (again a personal choice) a few fresh herbs - parsley, dill etc and bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or so. Pasta should be precooked, veggies can be added if you like. Non traditional but a sprinkle of cheese could be added as a topping if that sounds good to you. Lemon pepper would be nice to add a dash of to the basic sauce if you have some.

marywea, Mar 26, 10:22pm
Smoked Marlin Pate

Kitchen Whizz definitely needed-blender took forever.
I found it was rather dry. Take from fridge an hour or so before.

Now for a marlin recipe - this has been a very popular one - for a Pate:
400g marlin,
1 pot cream cheese - 250gr.
1 clove garlic
1 tspn mustard
salt & pepper
75g butter
1 tblespn lemon juice
Put all together in kitchen whiz and blend.
Keeps forever in little sealed pots in freezer.

jenwren26, Nov 24, 1:17am
Thanks heaps everyone. It is rather a large packet so I think I will do the sauce and pasta one tonight with half of it and make some of the interesting sounding Pate with some of the other half and keep the rest in the fridge to have cold with salad and pick at for a couple of days. All ideas sound delicious!