Bran Biscuits

bev00, Mar 29, 10:09am
You're welcome to try this recipe. It makes a big batch, so you can always freeze some. Mine too has quite alot of sugar, but they are yummy!

Bran Biscuits
500gr butter
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups bran
2 eggs
1 cup coconut
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1-2 tabs boiling water & pinch of salt. Soften butter cream with sugar. Add eggs beat. Add dry ingredients plus b.s and water. Roll into 3-4 logs and refrigerate till firm. Slice thinly and bake at 180°C for about 10 mins. Nice buttered.

macandrosie (252 252 positive feedback) 8:00 pm, Fri 28 Mar #3

sher48, Jun 18, 10:10pm
Has anyone got a nice but simple recipe for these please. The ones I have found involved rolling out and cutting. Wasn't too keen on the fiddling round.

245sam, Nov 17, 6:18pm
sher48, most bran biscuit recipes that I have seen do indeed involve "rolling and cutting" but here, from the former Trademe Cooks, is a couple that don't and you may like them.

"Anything Biscuits
use any amount of condensed milk. Place the milk in a bowl. Add some crushed cereal (weetbix, cornflakes, sultana bran, etc. ), some dried fruit (sultana's, glace cherries, chopped, raisins, craisins, chopped dates etc. , some coconut, chopped nuts, etc. anything you like. Add enough ingredients to make the mix very firm - firm enough to place spoonsful on baking paper lined trays. Bake at 180°C until golden and cool on the paper. This makes lovely caramelly/chewy bikkies that taste wonderful. posted by juliewn"

"Bran & Apricot Cookies
70g Allbran;1 cup s.r flour;90g coconut;1/2 cup brown sugar,firmly packed;1/2 cup chopped glace apricots;125g butter,melted;1 egg,lightly beaten. Combine allbran,sifted flour,coconut,sugar and apricots in a bowl,stir in butter and egg. Place level tbsp of mix about 5cm apart on greased oven trays.Bake in mod hot oven(210-230c) about 10 mins or until lightly browned. Cool on trays (makes about 25),
posted by brianmac"

Hope that helps. :-))