Feijoa muffins

stude, Apr 30, 9:16pm
Does anyone have a recipe for these please?

ruby19, Apr 30, 9:32pm
FEIJOA MUFFINS - 2 cups self raising flour, 75gm butter, melted, 1 cup chopped feijoas, 2 eggs, finely grated rind of 1 orange, 1/4 cup orange juice, 3/4cup sugar. Melt butter-mix in feijoas. Add unbeaten eggs, orange juice and rind. Mix until combined. Add sugar and flour, put into muffin tins and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 200C for 15-20 mins. From kennymac

stude, Apr 30, 9:47pm
thanks Ruby will get onto them.

mvo, Apr 30, 11:52pm
The recipe I use is similar - the orange and cinnamon flavours go very well with feijoas...

Ingredients
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup oil, light olive, canola or rice-bran oil
• 1 cup milk
• ¾ cup caster sugar
• grated rind of 1 orange
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 2 cups flour (just the plain sort)
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup Feijoas (ie just the inside bits - cut fruit in half and remove soft centre with teaspoon) - need quite a few fruit to make up one cup.
Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C - plain Bake mode if you have a choice.
2. Spray a 12 cup normal sized muffin tray with non-stick baking spray or even better, use those little paper cups.
3. Mix the egg, oil, milk, sugar, orange rind and juice together in a large bowl until well combined.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and feijoa innards and mix until just folded in. Do not over mix (this is the most important bit). It does not matter if there is still a little flour visible.
5. Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tins and bake for about 25 minutes.
6. Leave in the tray until cool enough to handle, then remove to further cool on a wire rack.

fourkingz, May 16, 4:33am
Just finished making FEIJOA MUFFINS, awesome, even the brother-in-law wants the recipe and hes single.

marley, May 16, 6:37am
Which one of the recipes above did you use? ? ?

griffo4, May 16, 6:48am
stude l have bumped up the feijoa and date muffins that are soo nice

fourkingz, May 11, 11:57am
marley it was #2, making second batch now, I'm running out of feijoas but I spy some on next doors tree, mmm they might go missing tonight, mmm they will.