Cooked crayfish defrosting in fridge

supersapper, Jan 22, 8:06pm
Hmm I tried that just now juliewn with very little success. So if anyone has any simple but delicious ways to use a crayfish please put your ideas up as my grandsons father has given me one for a treat.

fifie, Jan 22, 11:11pm
Sometimes if small we just have Chunks of cray dipped in a little vinegar with s/p, or for a bigger one i do a Crayfish Salad
Thai Crayfish Salad.
1 cooked crayfish (approx 600-800g)
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
50g snow peas, blanched and thinly sliced
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons each: mint leaves, coriander leaves
Thai-style Dressing
1-2 red chillies, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons each: sugar, lemon or lime juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce.
To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
Twist the head off the crayfish and discard it. Cut open the soft shell of the tail and extract the flesh. Discard the intestinal tract, rinse off the “mustard” and pat the flesh dry. Cut the flesh into thin medallions.
Place the cucumber, carrot, snow peas and spring onions on a platter. Top the salad with the crayfish medallions, drizzle over the dressing and garnish with the mint and coriander leaves.
Enjoy your crayfish.

arielbooks, Jan 23, 2:45am
Lobster Thermidor, hubby made it last week and it was so yum. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/lobster-thermidor-recipe.html

kjn101, May 17, 9:27am
weve been given a crayfish but we have never really prepared one ourselves for a feed. whats some good tasty recipes that would work. its been cooked then frozen. cheers

juliewn, Apr 28, 6:52pm
Hi. oh yum! :-)
If you type crayfish into the left of screen search area, and change 'last 24 hours' to 'last year' and search, other threads will come up for you.
Enjoy your crayfish.