The best Soda Stream to buy?

Page 2 / 2
debudder, Dec 21, 7:23am
Must admit the flavours for soda stream 25 years ago where a lot nicer than the ones of today

harrislucinda, Dec 21, 7:56am
well our water is crap I now drink water from a filter jug

eurekarika, Dec 23, 5:22am
Those are great ideas, hadn't thought of that. Was conscious of all the sugar in the soda stream flavours as only a few are sugar free.

eurekarika, Dec 23, 5:22am
Has anyone tried turning still wine into sparkling with their soda stream?

eurekarika, Dec 23, 5:23am
Wow, one cup of sugar is alot though! I try to go sugar free.

245sam, Dec 23, 5:32am
eurekarika, according to the Soda Stream instructions only water should be aerated, then flavour of choice added, so based on those instructions what you have suggested is not possible. :-))

eurekarika, Dec 23, 6:03am
I knew I'd seen it somewhere - on TV, but it turns out he used an old model Sodastream machine & it worked with that one:

"It comes as no surprise that I’m not the first person to fantasize about carbonating booze or something other than water with the SodaStream. In fact, Heston Blumenthal demonstrated last year on his British TV show Heston’s '80s Feast just how to trick a gaggle of bankers into thinking they’re drinking pricey Champagne by using a SodaStream to carbonate cheap, plonky wine. Of course, he used the old model from the 1980s, not the new sleek one that comes with the stern warning."

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/07/05/how-go-rogue-your-sodastream-and-not-lose-eye

kateley, Dec 24, 4:14am
But you only put a tablespoon or so of cordial into your glass, then top up with the soda water, so there's surely not much sugar per drink.

245sam, Dec 24, 5:19am
Exactly kateley, and eurekarika, the alternative if wanting to be sugar-free is to simply add lemon juice (or other juice of choice) to soda water (or plain water) which IMO is a refreshing drink if one doesn't mind the tartness of the lemon, lime, grapefruit. :-))

huia991, Dec 24, 9:47am
Wests cordials does a good range of soda flavours, including sugar free varieties which I have found to be much better than the 'soda stream' brand ones. I order online from them. www.wests.co.nz
Favourite flavour is the creaming soda.

245sam, Dec 24, 11:47am
Thanks for the info' huia991. Wests certainly do appear to have a good range of flavours and their prices are much more appealing than the regular supermarket price of the 'soda stream' ones. :-))

245sam, May 14, 8:47am
huia991, we gave our daughter and son-in-law a soda stream machine for Christmas and we're all very interested in your info' re the Wests' soda syrups - can you please advise how much each bottle of their soda syrup makes, and also once opened what is the shelf life of their soda stream syrups. TIA. :-))