Apple Slice I must share.

Page 1 / 2
jaybee6, Oct 19, 8:39am
Slice or Pudding.

3 Apples peeled cored and diced small 1cm.
2 cups self raising Flour
1 cup sugar.
Toss the cubed apples in the flour and sugar.
Mix with 125 grams butter or marj with 1 egg and combine with the above.
Bake 30 to 40 min in a lined slice tin at 180.

Enjoy.

jaybee6, Oct 19, 8:49am
I also put a little coconut in at times.

pamellie, Oct 19, 6:52pm
Is the butter melted?

jaybee6, Oct 19, 10:42pm
Yes melt the butter. Sorry forgot to say that.

cmjbp, Oct 20, 8:08am
Is it like a pudding or a slice/cake? Thanks

jaybee6, Oct 20, 8:33am
Either actually. I had as a desert and for afternoon tea a slice with whipped cream. Was lovely.

mooshiesmum, Oct 20, 9:15am
https://www.facebook.com/sewmucheasier/photos/a.424155210991220.96839.305174132889329/727154574024614/?type=1&theater

read your recipe then saw this online - looks lovely! I am going to give it a try :-)

kiwilion, Oct 20, 10:05am
Thanks for that jaybee, I do love simple recipes with ingredients from the pantry. Apple season is coming here, so . I may cut back on the sugar a bit though.

jaybee6, Oct 20, 8:18pm
Actually I feel it could do with a little more apple in it but this is over to the individual. I love or caus it is so simple and can whip up in minutes.

jaybee6, Oct 20, 8:20pm
If you are alone you can also cut into squares and freeze individual slices and pull one out for your desert as required. I do this as I don't always have desert but like to offer to son .

griffo4, Oct 20, 10:53pm
l made this using 2 ripe pears and an apple and added a teaspoon of ginger and it was divine
Must make again with apples that need using quick and easy, my type of recipe

lilyfield, Oct 20, 11:56pm
I just made it, adding cinnamon and orange peel,a few sulltanas, and oil instead of other fat. Also reduced sugar to half a cup
Really nice!

jaybee6, Oct 21, 8:26am
Yes it is one you can put anything into really. Glad you like it.

el.ken, Oct 22, 9:50am
Had it tonight for dessert and everyone really enjoyed it , so thank you jaybee6

rarogal, Oct 23, 7:15am
I make this a lot and we had it for dessert tonight. I add a tsp or ginger also. So easy.

antzmaria1, Oct 24, 8:48am
This looks yummy- bubagump this recipe might be for you

nauru, Oct 24, 9:06am
Thanks for sharing jaybee6, always interested in trying anything quick & easy. Will give it a go next week, good to have with coffee or as a dessert, only 2 of us here so will freeze half.

rockie6, Oct 24, 9:08am
I made that yesterday and thought it tasted odd. I re read the recipe and hadn't put the damn sugar in. Nek time i'll get it right.

jaybee6, Oct 25, 7:37am
Lol rockie can imagine what it would taste like without sugar. Try again.

nzldave, Oct 25, 8:22am
I made it tonight and it's delicious. Thanks jaybee6.

sweater, Oct 28, 4:37am
Just made this, but needed to add milk as mixture to dry, just taken out of oven so haven't tasted it yet, any one else needed to add milk ?

tex-tickle, Oct 28, 4:49am
I didn't add milk, but, I knew I'd be serving ice cream with it. You're right, by itself it would be too dry.

diamond-fan, Oct 28, 9:03am
I have made this a couple of times now and it is a really quick & easy dessert and because of large size doubles as a slice for the lunch boxes. The first time I made it I thought it looked too dry so I added a splash of milk until it looked right consistency, also few drops vanilla essence. Second batch also through in a few sultanas & cinnamon.

marcs, Oct 28, 12:03pm
Didn't like the texture of this cake. It became a little gluggy after it had been sitting. I think it was too dry when the mixture was mixed so next time will add a bit of milk and flavour. Just apple is a bit boring. Kids liked it. It was definitely easy to make.

lynja, Oct 28, 5:52pm
lovely and easy to make. Warm with ice-cream DELICIOUS. Maybe I would add cinnamon next time too.