Pumpkin Roll

lulu239, Apr 9, 11:30pm
Just found this in a mystery book I am reading and looks yummy so thought I would share.

PUMPKIN ROLL

3 eggs 1 cup sugar 1 cup mashed pumpkin
1 tsp baking powder 1 cup flour ½tsp salt
½tsp nutmeg 1tsp ginger 2 tsp cinnamon
Filling
225g cream cheese softened ¼cup butter softened
1 cup icing sugar ½tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 180deg. Grease a sponge roll tin and paper the base. Beat the eggs, add sugar and mix well. Add pumpkin and mix well. Add the dry ingredients. Put into the pan and level the mixture. Bake for 20 min. When cooked, turn onto a tea towel sprinkled with sugar. Remove the paper and wrap up the sponge immediately enclosing the towel as well. Cool at least 30min. While cooling, make the filling . Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the butter. Add the icing sugar and vanilla. Unwrap the sponge and add the filling and rewrap. Chill for at least an hour. Will freeze well.

kiwitrish, Apr 9, 11:34pm
That sounds quite nice lulu. Never had pumpkin in a roll before.

lulu239, Apr 9, 11:46pm
Have you tried Pam's Pumpkin Loaves.? They are totally yummy. Courtesy of Cooksessentials.

muffin2, Apr 10, 2:52am
yuck - pumpkin is a savoury ingredient. best cut into pieces and roasted with kumera, potatoes and carrots!

I could never imagine adding sugar to pumpkin

whitehead., Apr 10, 3:55am
ggo to the states and try pumpkin pie its to die for and uses the same spices as above which i think will be yummy . ive had people removeing my plate of pumpkin pies from a party and hiding them in their office they are just so yummy . pumpkin is a fruit /vegtable that will go ether way you can add it to jam as a fuller to make fruit streach

rainrain1, Oct 18, 6:07pm
Some might die for pumpkin pie, but I don't like it at all,