8 egg yolks

bev00, Jan 15, 11:03am
good uses for yolks

bev00, Jan 15, 11:32am
This is not traditional and does not use grain alcohol but is very simple, makes 1 x 700m bottle
475g lemons (washed, peel on, chopped into large chunks)
420g (2 cups) castor sugar
rind of 1 lemon
350m vodka
375m (1 1/2 cups) water
Place lemons and sugar into a large bowl and bruise the fruit to extract some of the oil by squashing with the handle of a rolling pin (or a muddler)'Add rind, vodka and water to the bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. If it doesn't dissolve easily leave for an h our then stir again. Cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a cool place for 48 hours.
Strain liquid through a sieve,discarding lemons. Pour through a funnel into empty bottle to store. Store in fridge or pour into plastic bottles and store in freezer. Serve well chilled.

Quotekarenz (560 ) 3:30 pm, Tue 15 Jan #2

retsky7, Dec 29, 2:32am
hi, I have just made a pavalova roll and I have 8 egg yolks to use, does anyone have any recipes to use them up please instead of just throwing them out? Thanks in advance

retsky7, Dec 29, 3:06am
thankyou davidt4, I found one out of your link im going to use. Thanks

autumnwinds, May 12, 9:15am
This was given in General a few nights ago. divine!

Limoncello Ice Cream

4 large egg yolks
250 g castor sugar
600 ml cream
1/3 cup limoncello

Beat egg yolks and 1/2 the sugar till thick and pale. Beat the cream with the other 1/2 of the sugar till thick but don't over beat. Fold one into the other and stir in the limoncello. Freeze. Makes 1.5-2 litres

moonbeam25