Ganache help

my ganache is like milk & almost cool, any ideas on how to fix? Would beating it help to thicken?

Chef_ebbd, May 3, 8:53 pm

Milk? Chocolate and cream should not make milk - no idea really have you heated too much - sweets not my strong point at all can anyone help? How did you make your ganache, OP?

Chef_awoftam, May 4, 12:54 am

I made a ganache to a recipe last week and it was way too thin to do what I wanted it to (use as a filling and as a topping) so I divided it into 1/3 and 2/3 portions and placed them in the freezer. With the 1/3 portion I beat with a beater to thicken and lighten, the remainder was poured over top. The fridge definitely helped thicken it up, beating it makes it appear lighter and also serves to thicken it. I think also more chocolate can be added to thicken it.

Chef_madj, May 4, 1:41 am

I refrigerate mine and then beat it until thick

Chef_sarahb5, May 4, 4:16 pm

What proportions did you use? I use 50:50 for pouring ganache and 2 parts of chocolate to one of cream for spreading under fondant.

Chef_greerg, May 5, 6:06 pm

Same. equal quantities of chocolate and cream, i.e. 100gms of chocolate 100mls of cream, heat the cream until very hot but not quite boiling, pour over broken up chocolate wait a min or two for chocolate to softened, then stir until combined, leave to cool and it should thicken.

Chef_kiwiscrapper1, Aug 19, 8:46 pm

Share this thread