Why Why is everything burning?

molly37, Jul 26, 1:30am
Just got a new Bosch Wall oven. I am finding its burning all my baking. Even if i watch it like a hawk. Turned it down to 170 and still too hot. So different to my other one when generally i had to extend time. So annoying. What do you cooking your baking on? . a friend says she cooks hers at 160 all the time? Its driving me mad.

lythande1, Jul 26, 1:48am
All ovens are different and it takes a bit of getting used to how it cooks.
Turn it down some more, adjust where on the racks it is etc.

buzzy110, Jul 26, 2:29am
Buy an oven thermometer and find out how accurate the oven temperature gauge is.

sampa, Jul 26, 7:06am
Yes, under the circumstances, for the small expenditure, best to purchase one and see exactly what's going on.

Much sympathy. darn annoying to have all your best efforts turning to cinders. :(

paora-tm, Jul 26, 7:34am
From what?

summersunnz, Jul 26, 11:53am
Is it on grill?

molly37, Jul 26, 6:59pm
Recipes generally state to cook at 180 so a friend suggested to turn down as she cooks all her baking and she is a caterer at around 160. No not on grill.
Its a matter of trial and error I guess. Just an expensive and annoying one.

pogram0, Jul 27, 9:23am
Oh, I have just purchased a Bosch wall oven but I have only used it to heat some food just to try it out. There are just so many cooking options - around 10 of them. Looks like I'll have to keep a close eye on things I cook.

fifie, Jul 27, 8:19pm
Every oven is different, took me a few goes to get new one sorted when we moved it is a english one. Seems to cook lot hotter now I bake 160 instead of 180 and its fine, google there will be a forum somewhere to help.

melford, Feb 3, 8:15am
Molly I have a Bosch Wall Oven. I use the second symbol on the left knob and 160 C on the right knob. Also I bake on the second rung from the bottom - is this what you do?