Good roast vegetable salad recipe for Xmas Day?

nickyd, Dec 21, 1:36am
x1
Hi, we've been asked to make a roast vegetable salad to bring to a Xmas Day lunch. Even though I cook quite a bit, this is not something I have actually made before and so don't have a favourite recipe for.
Any good ones out there?
As we are transporting it across town on Xmas day assume it will be eaten at room temp rather than hot?
Thanks!

uli, Dec 21, 5:38am
x1
bump for Xmas

samanya, Dec 21, 5:46am
x1
I love the way you choose to bump threads for Christmas, uli, even though you've said that you don't 'do' Christmas.
Those of us who do, are grateful, I'm sure.

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 21, 8:00am
x1
Love this one printed off for next bbq, thanks for the link

nickyd, Dec 21, 8:12am
x1
Anyone ? :-(

davidt4, Dec 21, 8:42am
x1
1 large eggplant in 3 cm chunks, skin on
2 large kumara, peeled, in 2 cm chunks
2 med. red onions, peeled with root end intact, in quarters
3 large red capsicums in quarters, stem and seeds removed
4 - 6 tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil

Put the veges into a roasting tin that will take them in more or less one layer. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, trickle over 2 - 3 tab olive oil.
Roast at about 180 C for about 45 min or until browned and tender.

Make a dressing with about 200 ml top quality extra virgin olive oil, 100 ml red wine vinegar or cider vinegar, salt and pepper, finely chopped garlic if you like it. Pour over veges, combine gently, serve at room temperature.

If appropriate to the rest of the meal add 200 g good quality feta crumbled. Fresh herbs as available: dill, parsley, mint.

kiwigal007, Dec 21, 8:46am
x1

sarahb5, Dec 21, 9:14am
x1
Wasn't there a similar thread about this last week?

dons14, Dec 21, 6:12pm
x1
Who cares if there was a thread last week, love the sound of your roast veg salad davidt. Hadn't ever thought of adding eggplant. Thanks

nickyd, Dec 21, 9:20pm
x1
Thanks for the ideas :-)

sarahb5, Dec 21, 11:23pm
x1
I meant because if there was the previous thread could be bumped, which I did, and also because Zi wasn't sure if this was a double-up - no need to get snarky about it

nauru, Mar 18, 4:15pm
x1
Eggplant is great with roasted veges, I do this al the time when in season. I also add zucchini too