Just put a pav in the crockpot.

Page 1 / 2
just_lookin1, Jul 29, 10:44pm
has anyone else tried this? It seems to be plastered all over facebook as a easy failproof reciepe. the picture looked lovely and marshmallowy. Worth a try anyhow.

fifie, Jul 29, 11:21pm
No, see it all over F/B as well, let us know how it goes good luck.

kiwitrish, Jul 29, 11:36pm
Sounds good. Pity I don't have face book. Please let us know if it works and if so could you share the recipe?

tippsey, Jul 30, 2:17am
Well I am like most, have seen it on Facebook, wondered about trying it. but haven't as yet. I will also be very interested to see how it comes out just_lookin1. kiwitrish I think I saved the recipe, if I did, I will post it here for you.

tippsey, Jul 30, 2:19am
Found it. Slow Cooker Pavlova.

Pavlova - made in 3.5litre
6 eggs, separated
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp white vinegar
Whisk egg whites in clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form
Gradually add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, mixing well after each addition
Mix until meringue is thick and glossy, until all sugar is dissolved
Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and whisk until just combined
Pour into slow cooker bowl lined with baking paper. Put teatowel under lid.
Cook on low for 1 to 1.5hrs or just keep an eye on it until done. Leave in slow cooker until completely cold then dress with whipped cream and fruit

pam.delilah, Jul 30, 3:05am
would love feed back about this as well as my oven is useless at making pavs

harrislucinda, Jul 30, 4:32am
yes would be interested in results thanks

dbab, Jul 30, 4:40am
Following this thread with interest

rainrain1, Jul 30, 5:16am
It wouldn't have the crunch though

jaygee1962, Jul 30, 5:18am
How did it turn out?

I saw the recipe on FB yesterday and have added it to my collection.

pam.delilah, Jul 30, 5:47am
following this link for feedback
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlowCookerRecipes4Families/permalink/555686374554786/
one post says it does go brown and have a crunch to it

rainrain1, Jul 30, 5:50am
It might be worth a try then

just_lookin1, Jul 30, 8:13am
The photos in that facebook feedback link pam.delish posted looks about what mine does. It is soft and marshmellowy. Almost raw looking but it is cooked. Slight crust around outside. I wouldn't rave about it but it is okay. If you have trouble cooking a pav or have a dodgey oven it would be good alternative. My pavs usually have a good crunchy crust but when i cut into them, there is a pocket of nothong-ness, empty space, between crust & marshmellow. Where as this one was pretty much all marshmellow. Will probaby do another. Not a rave review but not too bad either.

fifie, Jul 30, 8:43am
Pleased it turned out okay, thanks for letting us know might have to try one.

tippsey, Jul 30, 10:22pm
Yep makes me think I might definatly give it a go. thanks for the feedback. Look forward to hearing if anyone else tries it. Gotta go out - might try tomorrow. lol

just_lookin1, Jul 30, 10:46pm
Actually, its a much better 'product' today after being in fridge over night. I would recommded to refrdgate for several hours before eating

jaygee1962, Jul 30, 10:51pm
Thanks for the review just_lookin1.

Not sure I'll be in a hurry to try it. My pav recipe is the one where you throw everything in, beat for 15 mins then pop in the oven - it doesn't come any easier than that and is pretty idiot proof :)

mitsi110, Jul 31, 3:04am
Was it hard to get out of the crockpot? Or did you have the paper coming up the sides of the pot?

pam.delilah, Jul 31, 4:15am
have a look at the link on post 11and it shows a pav and paper in the slow cooker

kay34, Jul 31, 7:37am
Did mine tonight, have just turned crock pot off, will let people know what it looks like, after its cooled!

jaygee1962, Jul 31, 7:41pm
how did that pav go kay34?

jynx66, Aug 3, 1:26am
Not everyone is on facebook so can't see what you're talking about, pam.delilah.

buzzy110, Aug 3, 1:47am
Yeah. Facebook is the pits if you don't know what you are doing and now that you have to be a member and a 'friend' before you can see most things, it is even more annoying. Anyway, the picture showed that the crock pot had been lined with baking paper before the pav mix was put in. I guess the mix had to be put into the baking paper lined crock carefully because baking paper does not behave itself at all. Well it didn't used to but I opened a fresh box of Mono baking paper yesterday and I see it is much more compliant than it used to be -.i.e I could put folds into it and they'd stay there.

pam.delilah, Aug 3, 2:08am
Try this non face book link
http://www.sameliasmum.com/2014/07/slow-cooker-pavlova-recipe-giveaway.html#.U9nMIbFrbIU
it has full instructions and a few photos

harrislucinda, Aug 3, 2:54am
seems the same recipe as above thread 5 so why do you need to go onto fb