Masterchef New Zealand

Page 2 / 2
muffin2, Sep 1, 10:12pm
hubby was sad that Sarah left. now he said there's no-one decent to 'look at' on Masterchef!
but he did agree her dish was the worst.

I'd like to see a 'spaghetti bolognaise' challenge or a 'cook a 2 course vegetarian meal' challenge

samanya, Sep 1, 10:33pm
I agree with you, although I'd like to see Richard in there at the end, as well.

strebor1, Sep 2, 7:29am
I am just loving this series, find the judges refreshing. We are off to Madam Woo on Sunday, can't wait.

slimgym, Sep 2, 10:00pm
We were just saying the other night how we loved the judges, no yelling, and being very helpful around the contestants.

Yes I think Richard will be there in the end, like to see Leo as well but I think he is running out of ideas. How many more chances is the happy girl going to get. Sorry to Sarah go, but she just didn't do enough.

Poor Lilly and her swans, but she knows a lot about cooking, great she doesn't just cook her culture food, she seems to be able to cook anything.

Does anyone know what a food technician is?

ruby2shoes, Sep 3, 12:04am
agree. They all seem like great contestants, am really enjoying this series. Wonderful judges, too.

davidt4, Sep 3, 12:17am
The standard of cooking seems much higher than in previous seasons. I wonder if the editing is deliberately concentrating on success rather than failure. For example there have been quite a few badly cooked duck breasts shown (the fat not rendered at all - would be unpleasant to eat) but never any comments. The comments seem to focus on appearance more than eating quality, perhaps because the tv audience can evaluate the appearance of food but not the taste and texture.

kaddiew, Sep 3, 12:28am
I've noticed that emphasis on presentation too. They've obviously all been swotting hard on plating up. I'd like to see them go back to basics and show what they can do with everyday "home" cooking.

biggles45, Sep 3, 3:27am
From careers nz website - food technologist which I think is the same thing.

Food technologists research new food and beverage products and develop ways to produce and improve the quality of these products.

They may also develop or improve the processing, packaging, storage, and safety of food in accordance with government and industry standards.

strebor1, Sep 6, 4:21am
Should be interesting tomorrow night. Marco Pierre is going to be boss, we will see who crumbles under his pressure!

summersunnz, Sep 6, 10:01am
He was quite gentle at times in the last series with TVNZ - at one stage putting his arm around a contestant who was upset and talking with her in an encouraging way.

slimgym, Sep 6, 8:07pm
thank you girlfriend went for a job, and they said they didn't have any Food technologists apply, so we were wondering what they did

jia5, Sep 7, 7:49am
Mmm, if I was in that kitchen I think Marco would have his spoon shoved somewhere. All that yelling and spoon banging would do my head in.

kaddiew, Sep 7, 9:02am
I thought he was hilarious. Best episode to date.

jia5, Sep 7, 10:19am
Lol, I think I'd bow under the pressure, but he sure gets results and had really nice comments about them at the end.

christin, Sep 7, 10:31am
Wonder what the shock is tomorrow?

summersunnz, Sep 7, 10:47am
I wondered if someone has decided to leave?
Nadia Lim is on tomorrow's show.

christin, Sep 7, 10:51am
I thought that. But most seemed to be cooking.

dollydot, Sep 7, 10:53pm
I think there might be a double elimination tonight? I think Hayley, Glenda or Gemma might go.

jia5, Sep 8, 9:25am
Well that was unexpected, he did so well in the last challenge. And I was sorry to see
? go, and that begs the question 'did ? deserve to go'? Edited to take the name out in case some have not watched it yet

christin, Sep 8, 6:11pm
I was sad to see the person go that did. Wasn't my fave in the beginning but one of two faves now, both in bottom two!

slimgym, Sep 9, 1:19am
Surprized to see him go actually I thought he was right up there.
Strange it happen that way, I know it happened in Aussie, and you could see where they stopped recording and had a talk to him.

Shame to see Lilly go,, I thought the guy should have gone, potatoes from the 80's, plums didn't do much to them, and well under cooked venison.
Shame the good ones seem to be going. I hope the food tech doesn't get to the final, I personally think shes got the personally of a dead fish.
Hayleys got the personality for the job a head.

kokako14, Sep 9, 2:27am
This years winner must be sooo looking forward to winning a My Food Bag every day for a year. After working their butt off to win the top prize, they won't have to worry about what is for dinner every night, it will just turn up on the front door step every day. Bit of a lucky dip really I guess.

juliewn, Nov 4, 5:46pm
Hi Everyone.

Yes Kokako. they'll have their food bag arrive then have to cook it, every night - won't be many nights off cooking in that year!. maybe they'll share some of the bags with family and friends.

Wonder if some of the bags have food that can just be assembled together, without actual cooking - smoked salmon/chicken, salads, couscous, etc. that would make it easier some nights. There must be excess ingredients in the bags too, maybe bottles of dressing ingredients, etc. that could be used at other meals.

Has anyone had a food bag from Nadia. what did you think of it. Lilly said she gets them sometimes, must have enjoyed them to have got more than one.

I agree Slimgym. Lilly and her dishes have shown quite an array of skills. I've grown to enjoy her in the show, hope she has a lovely career ahead with food. she said it won't stop her food dreams.

I was surprised Ben left too - wondered if Marco naming him as a potential winner spooked him a bit. expectations like that can make it harder to achieve for people sometimes, would have been an added pressure/expectation maybe?

Repeat screening 2.30pm to 5pm Saturday. looking forward to Sunday nights show.